Request for Slow Interface to be Fixed

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
youngathearttx

Request for Slow Interface to be Fixed

Post by youngathearttx »

The interface on this game is inordinately SLOW. It results in clicks that are interrupted, and waiting on the previous move to be recorded. When moving up to 4 individual checkers per turn, it is too slow and annoying. Surely there is a simple fix for this?

Also, I agree that an UNDO button would make the game better, and more like IRL "in real life."

I also agree that the DOUBLING CUBE is a necessary component of the game.
This fix may or may not be an easy one to implement, however...

A) it enhances the spirit of the game, like IRL.
B) it would certainly allow the opponent to accept decline the wager to double. Additionally it would ENHANCE the game play by allowing one partner to CONCEDE a loss when the game outcome appears to be known. Rather than dragging out a Tedious game when one player is willing to CONCEDE.

Thank you to YOU and ALL developers who make BGA the great site that it is!
Remkar

Re: Request for Slow Interface to be Fixed

Post by Remkar »

youngathearttx wrote: 17 October 2023, 02:06 The interface on this game is inordinately SLOW. It results in clicks that are interrupted, and waiting on the previous move to be recorded. When moving up to 4 individual checkers per turn, it is too slow and annoying. Surely there is a simple fix for this?

Also, I agree that an UNDO button would make the game better, and more like IRL "in real life."

I also agree that the DOUBLING CUBE is a necessary component of the game.
This fix may or may not be an easy one to implement, however...

A) it enhances the spirit of the game, like IRL.
B) it would certainly allow the opponent to accept decline the wager to double. Additionally it would ENHANCE the game play by allowing one partner to CONCEDE a loss when the game outcome appears to be known. Rather than dragging out a Tedious game when one player is willing to CONCEDE.

Thank you to YOU and ALL developers who make BGA the great site that it is!
You'll be happy to know there is a new version of backgammon currently in alpha testing that addresses all of this. It will eventually replace the current backgammon game. It plays really well, so hopefully we see it in the not too distant future.

Return to “Backgammon”