Depleted Shield Reinforcement?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ElderMike

Depleted Shield Reinforcement?

Post by ElderMike »

First off, thanks to the dev for all the work to get Talon on BGA, been having a lot of fun with this game!

My question is due to the ability on BGA to reinforce a totally depleted shield arc during the Action Phase, but I thought the rules did not allow this?
Lunalol

Re: Depleted Shield Reinforcement?

Post by Lunalol »

Thanks for playing. Could you try to find that in the rules please (page number).
ElderMike

Post by ElderMike »

Yessir. And I see that I used the wrong term earlier as well (AP is available power, not action phase), oops : )

Anyhow, under section 6.2 Reinforce a Shield Arc, subsection (6.2.2) Placement Restrictions:

"Shield arcs that are down, either because of Critical Damage or because they have been completely destroyed (no boxes left in that shield arc), may not be reinforced."

Edit: I figured out my problem when I was in the BGG forums earlier, I have been playing with first edition rules. The underlined text was revised for the updated rules most recently released. Case closed, nothing more to see here folks!
FANGsterAndy

Post by FANGsterAndy »

I didn't see the edit on the previous message until after I posted this.

I know this was posted a few months back.

The quoted rule in the previous message is the original rules from the 1st printing.

it was revised to

Each Shield Arc can have, at most, one reinforcement.
• Shield Arcs that are down due to Critical Damage may not be
reinforced, however, Shield Arcs that have been completely
depleted MAY still be reinforced.
• At most, 2

link to the rules
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gmtw ... dition.pdf

The revised rules had a number of small but impactful changes for the better.

Cheers.

Return to “Talon”