Azul Weekly Puzzle #008

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Effgee

Azul Weekly Puzzle #008

Post by Effgee »

And time for a new puzzle!
puzzle008_censored copy.png
puzzle008_censored copy.png (468.13 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
Lots going on here! Seems winnable but we need to be careful and do things in the right order...
euklid314

Re: Azul Weekly Puzzle #008

Post by euklid314 »

I wrote a long answer but it was deleted. Short version now.

Color black is important since both can score with it, color red is not important since our opponent can only score 1 point.

I would start with 2 black from tile 4 and put it in row 4. Thus I keep flexibility in row 3 which is still open for black or blue.
Our opponent is more-or-less forced to take 3 black + start tile from the middle and he already starts to fill his discard row with 2 tiles.
I would probably take 3 blue from tile 2 for my 2nd move to bring 2 of the reds together in the middle. With this move I want to hinder our opponent to take 1 red each turn. It is better if he fills up his 5th row fast and is forced to take negative points in his many turns to come.

It should be easy to win the game since our opponent will amass negative points with colors black, white, blue while we still have some flexibility via row 5.

[edit: starting with 2 white from tile 4 and putting them in row 3 looks also promising. It puts 5 blacks together (which our opponent is not happy to take while we are willing to do so.]
mathace

Post by mathace »

looks like both players took 1-1 orange. why did he put it to row 4?
Propaganda Panda

Post by Propaganda Panda »

Looks like an easy win, I'd go 4-W-0, taking the two white and putting them in the floor line. After this, the opponent is pretty done with no good moves left. Didn't go through all the permutations, but just by pure feeling and experience, I am fairly certain that this board state is simply won. Happy to be proven wrong, though.
rpm002

Post by rpm002 »

I think taking the 2 black in row 4 is best, but pretty sure taking the 2 teal into overflow would also result in winning this game.

Return to “Azul”