Improving the french version

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Maleone

Improving the french version

Post by Maleone »

Hello,

I'm a french player of Hardback and I'd like to propose a french balance for the cards. I think "Z" is really the best ratio for the moment because conjugated verbs work but other cards have the same problems.

Is it possible ? If it is, I'd need a list of all cards to work on it.

Thanks
quietmint

Re: Improving the french version

Post by quietmint »

The list of cards can be found here: https://github.com/quietmint/bga-hardba ... c.php#L242
Maleone

Post by Maleone »

Thanks, I'll start to work on it.
Maleone

Post by Maleone »

I've done a first small balance to some letters. It will not be perfect but I think it will be better than playing with english costs. How can I send the file to someone who could use it, if there is a will of using it ?

Here are the changes I propose :
Base letters : replace H and Y with V and F (H replacement might not be relevant)
E, U, S, Q, Z : +1 on all costs (I decreased the benefit of the U already costing 9)
J : +1 on high costs (>5)
Y : -1 on costs, or increased benefit if the cost was already <2
W, K : -1 or -2 on the costs, or increased benefit if the cost was already <3
G,H : -1 on high costs (>5)

I used the differences on scrabble points, letters frequency and french conjugation to choose the relevant changes.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Maleone wrote: 30 October 2023, 14:27 I've done a first small balance to some letters. It will not be perfect but I think it will be better than playing with english costs. How can I send the file to someone who could use it, if there is a will of using it ?
Even German edition which physically exists hasn't been implemented. Fat chance, I guess.

Return to “Hardback”