How many rerolls are available?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
M1DGE

How many rerolls are available?

Post by M1DGE »

The mastery special ability allows players to take an extra reroll if one is available. So, how many are available? Is the one on the altitude track ‘available’?
reedskin

Re: How many rerolls are available?

Post by reedskin »

"You start with one reroll token. At any time you can play the token and both players can reroll any number of dice in secret. Reroll tokens can be carried over from round to round and a maximum of three can be held at any one time (more tokens are available with the Mastery Special ability (special abilities are available on red scenarios) "
Sparge42

Post by Sparge42 »

reedskin wrote: 31 October 2023, 02:43 "You start with one reroll token. At any time you can play the token and both players can reroll any number of dice in secret. Reroll tokens can be carried over from round to round and a maximum of three can be held at any one time (more tokens are available with the Mastery Special ability (special abilities are available on red scenarios) "
I know that quote comes from the BGA rules summary for Sky Team, but it’s misleading to say the least. Not every scenario starts with the team having a reroll token. In fact, as I recall there is at least one scenario where no reroll tokens are available at all. And, special abilities aren’t limited to just red scenarios.

To answer the OP’s question, I believe “available” means the token is on the altitude track.
7Sky

Post by 7Sky »

Hello,

The BGA adaptation is based on the 'real' box. So you will find 3 reroll tokens maximum.
1 on 6000 area, immediatly availlable.
1 on 2000 area (for green / yellow levels), blocked until you reach 2000 feet.
1 extra for the Mastery capacity. (2 extra for red / black levels)

If 1 token is used, it becomes available to be generated with the Mastery capacity.

Do I answer your question?

Luc, the game desginer of Sky Team.
M1DGE

Post by M1DGE »

Hi Luc! Thanks for a great game!

I’m nearly there with my understanding, but I think my residual confusion now rests on the definition of ‘available’. I understand that the 3rd reroll token in the box is ‘available’ but what about:

- a previously spent reroll token
- the 2000ft reroll token (before you’ve reached it)?
nate allison

Post by nate allison »

“1 on 2000 area (for green / yellow levels), blocked until you reach 2000 feet.”

“If 1 token is used, it becomes available to be generated with the Mastery capacity.”
jordijansen

Post by jordijansen »

I've added a token reserve today that shows exactly how many tokens (plane, reroll, coffee) are in the reserve.
M1DGE

Post by M1DGE »

Thanks Nate - I fully understand now!

And thanks jordijanson for the added feature to help out too!

Return to “Sky Team”