limiting my games to only 2 players

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
malcoda

limiting my games to only 2 players

Post by malcoda »

Hi,

New to the site. I find playing against more than 1 opponent can be frustrating, so I really only want to play heads-up games against a single opponent. How can I adjust my settings so that BGA will only auto-place me into games with a single opponent?

thanks,

sal
Meeplelowda

Re: limiting my games to only 2 players

Post by Meeplelowda »

malcoda wrote: 02 November 2023, 05:58 Hi,

New to the site. I find playing against more than 1 opponent can be frustrating, so I really only want to play heads-up games against a single opponent. How can I adjust my settings so that BGA will only auto-place me into games with a single opponent?

thanks,

sal
It helps to know where you start your games. If you start them from the Azul-only page, then setting the "Number of Players" drop-down menu under the Start button to 2 should work. Also, to the right of the game speed preferences there is a slider to indicate whether you want to be flexible. It doesn't specifically say it only applies to the game speed, though. If it also applies to the # of players, then having it set to flexible (slid to the right) might match you in 3- or 4-player games even if you prefer 2-player games. Someone else may know if that slider applies to # of players.

If for some reason that's not working, click "Play Now" at the top of the screen. Select "Simple Game" in the left column, "Real Time" in the middle, and "Automatic" in the right column. Click on the gear symbol underneath your ELO rating for Azul. Then make sure your settings match this:
Number of players
I'm okay playing with 2 players
I never want to play with 3 players
I never want to play with 4 players

Return to “Azul”