Tiebreaker for tied games in tournament mode?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Deadly_Rat

Tiebreaker for tied games in tournament mode?

Post by Deadly_Rat »

I just finished a elimination tournament game in tournament mode. The game finished in a 1-1 tie, but I saw that I was eliminated while my opponent went through to the next stage. Is there any tiebreaker involved in the determination of which tied player go through? Thx.
Grn Xn Hm

Re: Tiebreaker for tied games in tournament mode?

Post by Grn Xn Hm »

I've only ever seen it be whomever has more amount of time clock remaining. The faster player moves on.
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Deadly_Rat wrote: 04 November 2023, 12:20 I just finished a elimination tournament game in tournament mode. The game finished in a 1-1 tie, but I saw that I was eliminated while my opponent went through to the next stage. Is there any tiebreaker involved in the determination of which tied player go through? Thx.
I think it's based on the age of the accounts, either the newest account proceeds or the opposite
mundosub

Post by mundosub »

The people who pass the next round is the one that have spent the lower time normally. But maybe it depends on the tournament.
WilliamsTheDestroyer

Post by WilliamsTheDestroyer »

I was under the impression it was whoever signed up to the tournament first!

Clearly some ambiguity here.

Return to “Lucky Numbers”