BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

What's new on BGA ?

Testing some new incoming features before they're released to give feedbacks:

Poll ended at 17 November 2023, 14:14

I'm in!
96%
I'm not interested.
4%

Total votes: 633

DrClick

BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

Post by DrClick »

It's not rocket science, BGA is evolving. Step by step, we are fixing bugs and are improving our databases and server usage.
And there's still a lot to do!

In the meantime, we're improving the interface to bring new features and functionalities. Some are already available, but a lot are still scheduled.

Upgrading a website with close to 10 Millions users who play in hundreds of different setups can be tricky to balance.
Every player has their own journey on Board Game Arena.
And that's why we want some of you to be part of testing these new features, on your own devices, with your very own habits.

That's why, starting from next month, we would love to invite a few users to join a specific group to our LAB.
It can be anyone. We would love to select as many different profiles as possible, but we will need to limit this group.
Mostly to limit the number of feedbacks for us to analyse and improve.

If you have any interest in accessing this new feature, please drop a comment here telling why you should be selected.
We will then pick a few users to try this feature, and expand it depending on the needs or demands.

Thanks for reading, and we'll update you soon! (Very soon) We will keep this post and poll open for 10 days.
Das Burndt

Re: BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

Post by Das Burndt »

I'd very much like to be part of the group! I'm interested in the BGA platform evolution since the beginning. That's why I'm subscribed to this "BGA release notes" channel, and I even participated and asked questions in the Live on Reddit some time ago. ^^

Would be awesome to test beta features, new layouts, etc, while beigne able to give some feedback!
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

I would like to be a part of this group for a few reasons:

* I am an active BGA developer, and I may have some insight based on my own players' feedback, and how BGA changes can affect developer and user experience.

* I have played a ton of games, both turn-based and real-time, so I am familiar with various scenarios.

* I am very focused on accessibility (motion / photo sensitivity) and usability (commonly used things are large, easy to use, and/or take fewer clicks to access).

* I use both desktop and mobile to play.

* I am very focused on responsive interfaces, and I have a low-end Android phone, so I can test interfaces for performance on an older device.
Last edited by GTSchemer on 07 November 2023, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
thoun

Post by thoun »

GTSchemer wrote: 07 November 2023, 17:43 I would like to be a part of this group for a few reasons:

* I am an active BGA developer, and I may have some insight based on my own players' feedback, and how BGA changes can affect developer and user experience.

* I have played a ton of games, both turn-based and real-time, so I am familiar with various scenarios.

* I am very focused on accessibility (motion / photo sensitivity) and usability (commonly used things are large, easy to use, and/or take fewer clicks to access).

* Use both desktop and mobile to play.
Almost what I was about to say :)

Player in both Real-time & turn-based, arena/tournaments/simple mode, and also game dev, I would be happy to try and report about the incoming features.
I'm using both desktop & mobile, and I'm concerned about UX/UI stuff (working on front dev on my day job)
Last edited by thoun on 08 November 2023, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

I keep a few dozen games going at all times, potentially more when I am spending a lot of time working at my computer as my job doesn't usually take my full attention at all times.

I also run the BGA discord server and am an ambassador for the community.

And I do professional game development (not digital development, actual mechanics and numbers balancing), which might mean my perspectives of who will be using a thing and what will help them interact with it meaningfully may help.

I also do lots of alpha reviewing, bug reports, and other feedback.

Thanks. Hoping for some nice things on the horizon :)
Stu_1977_SEmelb

Post by Stu_1977_SEmelb »

I would be very interested in doing what I can to help to make BGA even better.

I'm passionate about seeing a variety of games not just being implemented without bugs, but being implemented with the absolute best possible interface.

I have a perfect Karma rating, large number of games under my belt, and have also been made a guru recently. I am also considering applying to be a game reviewer.

Thank you for the consideration.
Stas148

Post by Stas148 »

:evil: :evil:
Das Burndt wrote: 07 November 2023, 14:40 I'd very much like to be part of the group! I'm interested in the BGA platform evolution since the beginning. That's why I'm subscribed to this "BGA release notes" channel, and I even participated and asked questions in the Live on Reddit some time ago. ^^

Would be awesome to test beta features, new layouts, etc, while beigne able to give some feedback!
Krylan

Post by Krylan »

I also would like to take part in experiment of testing new features.
I'm on BGA since 2017 and I have played quite a lot games there.
Professionally I'm a web developer with interest in UI/UX, so I think my knowledge and experience in those fields could help in providing meaningful feedback, including some technical suggestions.
I'm using both PC (Windows) and Phone (Android) for playing on BGA.
djorso213

Post by djorso213 »

Hey Guys. Please let me be a part of the testing team. I've been playing board games for years, and BGA's been a part of my life ever since puerto rico and stone age were some of the only good free board games available. I can give good feedback in UI, bugs and use of language.
Wonderful Plays

Post by Wonderful Plays »

I would also like to volunteer myself as tribute, there are some excellent post above me already, so I think you'll have very hard selection for yourselves.

The unique things I think I bring to the table:
- BGA from the content creator perspective (more than 200 videos of gameplay and replay analysis on youtube)
- BGA from competitive mindset (how easy it is to analyze replays, host tournaments, fairness of competitive settings)
- Testing on many kinds of devices

Return to “BGA release notes”