BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

What's new on BGA ?

Testing some new incoming features before they're released to give feedbacks:

Poll ended at 17 November 2023, 14:14

I'm in!
96%
I'm not interested.
4%

Total votes: 633

Cookehj

Re: BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

Post by Cookehj »

Hey,

I'd love to be involved. I've played a load of games on bga and play daily. Amongst other things I'm a full stack developer in multiple programming languages, having repeatedly delivered the full process from requirements to design to back end and front end dev, bug testing, documentation, training and roll out.

I'm detail oriented, analytical and a very strong problem solver. I also learn quickly.

I use Android mobile to access bga via the app. I rarely use the PC.

I'd love to be involved with this and help you get the very best out of this platform. It's grown very fast and I know how hard it is to adapt software to meet demand.
cynicallyoptimistic

Post by cynicallyoptimistic »

I am an educator and corporate instructional designer who is well-versed in the world of UX and Product Development. The system you have developed is a testament to the power of gamification, and I would love to a) be a part of the future of the platform, and b) learn more from you folks! Thanks!
USSF_Gamer

Post by USSF_Gamer »

Interested.
Pennyfarthing

Post by Pennyfarthing »

DrClick wrote: 07 November 2023, 14:14 It's not rocket science, BGA is evolving. Step by step, we are fixing bugs and are improving our databases and server usage.
And there's still a lot to do!

In the meantime, we're improving the interface to bring new features and functionalities. Some are already available, but a lot are still scheduled.

Upgrading a website with close to 10 Millions users who play in hundreds of different setups can be tricky to balance.
Every player has their own journey on Board Game Arena.
And that's why we want some of you to be part of testing these new features, on your own devices, with your very own habits.

That's why, starting from next month, we would love to invite a few users to join a specific group to our LAB.
It can be anyone. We would love to select as many different profiles as possible, but we will need to limit this group.
Mostly to limit the number of feedbacks for us to analyse and improve.

If you have any interest in accessing this new feature, please drop a comment here telling why you should be selected.
We will then pick a few users to try this feature, and expand it depending on the needs or demands.

Thanks for reading, and we'll update you soon! (Very soon) We will keep this post and poll open for 10 days.
OnePercentZombie

Post by OnePercentZombie »

Happy to help
leafbreath

Post by leafbreath »

BGA I'll be your "LAB" rat. You can run me through the mazes, just give me a bite of that sweet sweet cheese.

Every year I play a lot of board games. I play about 100 new-to-me games every year not included the 50+ repeats. These plays come from both BGA and physical gaming meet-up groups. I am a big stats guy and track all my play stats. I live and breath board gaming every night of the week.

Set-up:
I play on both laptop computer and iPhone (and rarely on my desktop).

How I play:
I mostly only play using the "turn based" play mode, with friends but will do live occasionally.
Weihnachtsmann78

Post by Weihnachtsmann78 »

Why should I be involved in testing?

Because I played a Lot on BGA, mostly from mobile browsers.

Because I am addicted to User Experience.

Because it is xmas soon and my nickname is German for „Santa Claus“. So you should seriously consider my application, since you don’t want to put your Merry Christmas at risk… ;-)
evoshall

Post by evoshall »

I’d love to help build new features!
erndiggity

Post by erndiggity »

Hi I'd like to be part of this LAB group. I'm already part of the BGA Alpha group and have made lots of bug reports on Praga Caput Regni, GWT, Ark Nova, and Space Base when they were in alpha/beta. I'm active in games played and have lots of games logged as both asym and real time. My IRL gaming group constantly keeps up w/ the new games so I am up-to-date on newly released games.
AndreaGot

Post by AndreaGot »

I use BGA everyday both as gamer and Italian translator.

I am a developer, so it's always fun to see new features and how a website this big can implement them, so I would like to do my part in order to make them perfect :D

(Oh, I also tried developing a game but unfortunately I moved not many months ago and I still have to find my routine in order to finish it up :D)

Return to “BGA release notes”