BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

What's new on BGA ?

Testing some new incoming features before they're released to give feedbacks:

Poll ended at 17 November 2023, 14:14

I'm in!
96%
I'm not interested.
4%

Total votes: 633

Cloudy

Re: BGA LAB: Experimenting incoming features and give feedbacks!

Post by Cloudy »

I would be interested. I am retired software engineer including working for some game companies and have time to help. I have been an active gamer for a LONG time would be happy to help.
LtSterling

Post by LtSterling »

Hi - Would love to participate - been a Premium member since 2011 and have 1399 games under my belt. Love the direction things have been going and would be happy to help if you are still taking on new folks.

Thanks,

Dave "LtSterling" Williams
BlamBlamTheMonkey

Post by BlamBlamTheMonkey »

Happy to help!
FlokiTheCat

Post by FlokiTheCat »

Thanks a lot for this, I think it is a great initiative.

I would also be happy to help: I've played a large number of games in all possible formats, ranging from turn-based casual games to real-time arenas. I also often play in both desktop and mobile so I could test both interfaces. Finally, I would like to mention that in addition to playing games that I've already played in real life, I like discovering games in BGA. I think tutorials are one of the best features of the site and would love testing new features to make games accessible to a wide audience.
Glompbot

Post by Glompbot »

I'd love to be included

I'd love to see better features for group management!
pbpancho

Post by pbpancho »

Always interested in testing. I play often on desktop and mobile and have played many betas and alphas. Also do a lot of playtesting IRL for games.
joeklein9

Post by joeklein9 »

DrClick wrote: 07 November 2023, 14:14 It's not rocket science, BGA is evolving. Step by step, we are fixing bugs and are improving our databases and server usage.
And there's still a lot to do!

In the meantime, we're improving the interface to bring new features and functionalities. Some are already available, but a lot are still scheduled.

Upgrading a website with close to 10 Millions users who play in hundreds of different setups can be tricky to balance.
Every player has their own journey on Board Game Arena.
And that's why we want some of you to be part of testing these new features, on your own devices, with your very own habits.

That's why, starting from next month, we would love to invite a few users to join a specific group to our LAB.
It can be anyone. We would love to select as many different profiles as possible, but we will need to limit this group.
Mostly to limit the number of feedbacks for us to analyse and improve.

If you have any interest in accessing this new feature, please drop a comment here telling why you should be selected.
We will then pick a few users to try this feature, and expand it depending on the needs or demands.

Thanks for reading, and we'll update you soon! (Very soon) We will keep this post and poll open for 10 days.
I would love to be a tester! I usually have about 15 games going at once. I am an alpha tester, and I constantly check for any new games on alpha to try out. I could give great feedback on any new features. Thank you!
ligtreb

Post by ligtreb »

This is a great idea.

I'd love to help, and would be a good pick because I've played over 150 different game titles on here, am an alpha tester and have been a member since 2015.

Thanks, and good luck!
guybrush22

Post by guybrush22 »

I'm interested in joining the lab. I'm a board/video game player and web developer ...
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

I'd like to help out here.
I've been an Internet user since 1996, have some coding experience, and helped alpha/beta - test many different products, games and tools over the years.

Return to “BGA release notes”