Master assassin achievement

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Rapidian

Master assassin achievement

Post by Rapidian »

Isn't beating a player 700 or higher supposed to grant you the master assassin achievement? I've won a duel against a player in the past at 700 (even) and didn't get the achievement. I just played a 4 player and beat the 700+ player and also did not receive the achievement.
thoun

Re: Master assassin achievement

Post by thoun »

I don't think this question is game-related, but I guess you need to have a certain level of difference (a 800 elo winning against a 700 elo is not really an assassin in the way they think of it). You probably need to be 200 elo or under
Eshkolit

Post by Eshkolit »

The achievement just says "Victory against a Master player" it has nothing to do with the difference in elo. My theory is that the master player has to remain above 700 after defeat to have the achievement awarded. Although I've seen the Expert Assassin badge awarded when the defeated expert player dropped below 500 so not sure if the master assassin badge is bugged since I would have thought defeating a 700 level player would have awarded the badge.
cowboy_dan

Post by cowboy_dan »

Is it restricted to 2-player games?
smartin23

Post by smartin23 »

Unless something is lost in translation then the achievement is: "Victory against a Master"

3rd place isn't a victory.

People are still getting the achievement, so the achievement works fine.
smartin23

Post by smartin23 »

"My theory is that the master player has to remain above 700 after defeat to have the achievement awarded"

Not true. My opponent got the achievement, when I dropped under.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”