Bug ending the game with black 5 played

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
qwertasdfg

Bug ending the game with black 5 played

Post by qwertasdfg »

The old bug happened to me again: the game was ended automatically when all stacks (including black) were on 5.

Didn't that get fixed ages ago? I thought I had played a few games where it didn't happen.

But that'd mean they reintroduced old bad code?
Blacktango

Re: Bug ending the game with black 5 played

Post by Blacktango »

No update has been released for like 2 years (except a debug removing 1 year ago).

This bug is still active in the BGA's report section.

Did you finish all color series except the Black one?
Was the Black serie stuck on the 5?

Maybe if all series are finished and only the 5 of the Black serie has been set, the bug happens?
Silene

Post by Silene »

The "little brother" of this bug is also still active:
Although all playable cards are played, the game does not end and we need to play on until the stack is depleted. Happens when black got stranded in the middle.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Yeah, and I can confirm this "bug variant" (game ends too late), after reading the source code of the game.
But for the other one (game ends too early), I would need more information to be able to reproduce/fix it.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

Thx for the links, so yeah, the bug seems to happen when all series are on 5 (including the Black one).
I think all these bugs depends on the calculation of the end.

I hope the patch will be deployed soon.
Travis Hall

Post by Travis Hall »

I am sure I’ve played games where we had 5 showing on every stack, and the game continued. (I have definitely encountered the game-ending bug in the past though. I just thought it had been fixed.) There may be some other condition for triggering the bad behaviour - something like if all non-black are complete, and then 5k is played, for example.
Silene

Post by Silene »

Travis Hall wrote: 10 November 2023, 16:01 I am sure I’ve played games where we had 5 showing on every stack, and the game continued. (I have definitely encountered the game-ending bug in the past though. I just thought it had been fixed.) There may be some other condition for triggering the bad behaviour - something like if all non-black are complete, and then 5k is played, for example.
Yes, i also think i've seen the game continue. I think in the bug reports, all players mentioned, that there were "still some blacks to play" but not all of them. So maybe it only triggers, when the color is already broken in some way?

Return to “Hanabi”