Court order improvements

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Thalack

Court order improvements

Post by Thalack »

Let's continue the discussion from the players group here.
At a glance, I had some real trouble figuring it out, since the color of the block of the player to your right is your color. So the colors don't match (I know they shouldn't...) but I'm wondering if using simple iconography would be easier? Like, a small square on the RHS of your board matches up to the small square on the LHS of the person to your right? Circles, triangles, etc.?
I like the idea but I agree with deaconbluz that it's still confusing. A slight tweak might help, though. Instead of a solid color, a striped strip with both the color of the court and the adjacent player would probably be cleaner visually. With that continuity players could quickly look for the striped strip that matches the edge of their court to find the adjacent player.
Striped strip (or similar) would be even better.
I will try something on the studio environment with the colors and share screenshots here. Unfortunately with the current setup icons will probably not work as there is not enough space. It would mean only three cards would fit in a row on mobile screens. In the end I might also add game settings so it's customisable.
RealFamiliar

Re: Court order improvements

Post by RealFamiliar »

I'm replying here so I can keep up with the discussion. Thanks for opening this up for feedback!
LeonardQuirm

Post by LeonardQuirm »

Would the name of the player in that direction (ideally in conjunction with keeping the colour bar currently there) be useful, or too hard to render at a readable size?

Or maybe make the bar larger and actually show e.g. half the card in that direction, highlighting both the player and the 'first' card in that direction?
Thalack

Post by Thalack »

LeonardQuirm wrote: 09 November 2023, 14:08 Would the name of the player in that direction (ideally in conjunction with keeping the colour bar currently there) be useful, or too hard to render at a readable size?

Or maybe make the bar larger and actually show e.g. half the card in that direction, highlighting both the player and the 'first' card in that direction?
I am afraid that would all take up too much space.

This is what I am thinking about now:

Return to “Pax Pamir: Second Edition”