[Request] Solo free mode for puzzles and/or studying purposes

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
RinbeI

[Request] Solo free mode for puzzles and/or studying purposes

Post by RinbeI »

Hey,

I think it would be great to have a free solo mode where you can freely place pieces of both colors. Ideal for solving puzzles and exercises, as well as experimenting with different openings or formations. I don't know if it would be very difficult to implement, but it's something I would definitely like to see in BGA, as this way I wouldn't have to use physical pieces every time I want to do something like this. Thank you.
Jellby

Re: [Request] Solo free mode for puzzles and/or studying purposes

Post by Jellby »

You can play in hotseat mode against yourself.
RinbeI

Post by RinbeI »

Hello. The hotseat mode is not exactly what I propose. Hotseat assumes that there are two players, and therefore, the game must unfold according to the rules. You cannot skip a move, you cannot place more pieces than allowed, etc. Many puzzles start from situations that are impossible to achieve in a real game; they are laboratory exercises. Similarly, many puzzles assume that one of the colors will never move (it is the other color that must solve the puzzle on its own), and this is not possible in hotseat mode.
JojeSW

Post by JojeSW »

I use BoardSpace for those things. The Review rooms give you (almost) total freedom to configure the hive as you want.
It is also useful to replay your BGA games there to review them :)
hive2

Post by hive2 »

This feature would be great! Very useful for discussing games with opponents and experimenting

Return to “Hive”