All Threes missing in Rule set selection

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
ufm

Re: All Threes missing in Rule set selection

Post by ufm »

Hagardunor wrote: 20 November 2023, 18:51 Wow ! There is a huge shortcut between the Sebastopol variant I found here (1) and the First domino of each arm first selection.
To select that option, both 'Spinner' and 'Double as the first domino' option must be enabled.
I agree it's hard to find, but at least Maltese Cross (another variant of Sebastopol) has an entry in the rule set list.
Hagardunor wrote: 20 November 2023, 18:51 Not speaking of the fact that I had no clue at all about the meaning of this selection.
Well, that's why I didn't include Sebastopol in the rules list directly. They are simply less popular than others.
Hagardunor

Post by Hagardunor »

ufm wrote: 21 November 2023, 10:13 ....
Hagardunor wrote: 20 November 2023, 18:51 Not speaking of the fact that I had no clue at all about the meaning of this selection.
Well, that's why I didn't include Sebastopol in the rules list directly. They are simply less popular than others.
I addressed the translation in french for this part. I chose to translate First domino of each arm first by Variante Sébastopol (prolonger les 4 branches de la Girouette en premier) which means Sebastopol variant (extend the 4 legs of the Spinner first). May be it's not much more understandable, but at least someone new to the game can look for the rules elsewhere with the keyword "Sebastopol".

Sincerely, I succeeded to understand the expression First domino of each arm first only once you mentioned the Sebastopol variant and I subsequently searched for the rules of this variant on the internet
ufm

Post by ufm »

Fair enough. Changed 'First domino of each arm first' into 'Sebastopol restriction'.
The description is already in the table option list.

Return to “Dominoes”