What is your favourite faction?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
montybojangles

What is your favourite faction?

Post by montybojangles »

What's your favourite Gaia Project faction? Do you like a powerful one, such as the Taklons? Or an underdog, such as the Gleens? Is it a faction with a cool concept, such as the Lantids gaining knowledge from having mines on other factions' planets?

Sorry, a poll can't be created in this forum.

My favourite faction is - tempted by Nevlas - the Firaks. They are challenging to play but gave me one of my most enjoyable and memorable solo victories, 188 vs Geodens (Automachtig) 182.
ArborBarber

Re: What is your favourite faction?

Post by ArborBarber »

I’ve put in a lot of hours on GP and played all the factions except the Lantids (hard to say why).

The more asymmetrical ones are the most interesting to me. Bal T’aks were my early favorite, but I haven’t played them as much lately. Ivits are awesome and perhaps the most asymmetrical, but slightly overpowered so tend to get banned in competitive games.

I guess that leaves Bescods as my all-around favorite? They’re weird but flexible, generally underrated but capable of very powerful things. When evaluating a random map I first check out if there are good conditions for the Robots.
montybojangles

Post by montybojangles »

ArborBarber wrote: 26 November 2023, 20:07 I guess that leaves Bescods as my all-around favorite? They’re weird but flexible, generally underrated but capable of very powerful things. When evaluating a random map I first check out if there are good conditions for the Robots.
Thank you for posting. I had not expected the first favourite to be Bescods, but like the faction: the game designers were thinking out of the box when they developed them.
Jonash87cz

Post by Jonash87cz »

Overall: XENOS, creating federations with just 2 buildings is so satisfying .

Recently: FIRAKS, a slower start but a really good finish.

I wanted to love LANTIDS or BESCODS, because their abilities and PI are cool, but had mostly bad results with them.

But I achieved two of my three best scores with NEVLAS. So...

And on the other hand: I dislike IVITS because they are broken. I have similar feelings with ITARS. I don't want to play with these two anymore and I ban them when I can.

Return to “Gaia Project”