Game log does not appear on IOS devices

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
boulou2

Game log does not appear on IOS devices

Post by boulou2 »

This is the second game (the other being Carnegie) I play where the game log does not appear on IOS devices (tablet or phone). Why is that so?
Thalack

Re: Game log does not appear on IOS devices

Post by Thalack »

There should be a button to open it?
boulou2

Post by boulou2 »

Thalack wrote: 20 November 2023, 21:34 There should be a button to open it?
I don’t see any, or could you be more specific?
There is an option to change the game log appearance under Preferences (either below player panels or in a second column), and that’s it.
It shows properly on iMac, but not on iPad. And I don’t have this problem with other games I play, so it seems specific to the way this game has been implemented.
Thalack

Post by Thalack »

There should be buttons at the bottom of the screen. The one with the clock will open the game log. It is somewhat game specific in that as develop we can set the minimum width the game requires. Based on that BGA framework will either display player panels at the top and these buttons, or player panels at the side. It's probably most notable on iPads as that is the screen size that is somewhat at the 'border', ie games that set a lower required width will show panels on the side. Games with higher required width will look more like a mobile view.

https://imgur.com/a/nPvUJ0h
boulou2

Post by boulou2 »

Thanks. I don’t see these buttons on my iPad for Pax Pamir, but they are visible for other games.
Is there any setting I should change ? Or use a different browser? (although I have tested 3 so far)
Thalack

Post by Thalack »

I am not sure. I don't have any issues on my iPad with either Pax Pamir or Carnegie with any combination of settings. I think your best bet it to create a general BGA bug report or check if there already is one. It might be your specific version of iOS / Safari, which all browsers on iPad are using under the hood. Unfortunately Safari is known for having some weird bugs (for specific versions).

Return to “Pax Pamir: Second Edition”