Ivits Federation Mechanism

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
rhelster

Ivits Federation Mechanism

Post by rhelster »

I've been playing Gaia with friends for a few months now, and I would say I finally have a decent grasp of the gameplay and strategy. For the last week I have been playing games against the Automa and getting smoked; it is clear that I am doing something wrong. This became especially obvious after watching some high level replays from the October solo challenge. I'm struggling to break 100 most games, and I'm seeing players break 250 consistently.

Anyway, my questions is specifically about how the Ivits federation mechanism works. I watched the top replay from October where the federation action was used half a dozen times. My problem was that when I tried to replicate, new buildings kept automatically adding to my existing federation without allowing me to replay the federation action, thus gaining new tokens. I'm obviously missing something, please help.

Thank you!
Kayvon

Re: Ivits Federation Mechanism

Post by Kayvon »

Take a look at the Ivits entry in the FAQ, which is present in the "How to Play" guide at the bottom of every Gaia Project game.

If you're not aware from the rulebook, Ivits are a faction that creates a single, huge federation. This means you won't be creating separate, disconnected federations like other factions do.

Return to “Gaia Project”