WINTER OF GAMES 2023: Starting 1st DECEMBER!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
ufm

Re: WINTER OF GAMES 2023: Starting 1st DECEMBER!

Post by ufm »

LEDave2020 wrote: 01 January 2024, 01:05 I clicked on 3 of these between 11pm and midnight GMT. None of them registered, so I only scored 28/31. Cheers BGA, typically unfair
DrClick wrote: 30 November 2023, 14:07 NB: the calendar is on Paris time (UTC+1). When you click on a gift that's not yet available after opening the gift for today, you see the number of hours remaining till you can open the next one.
LEDave2020

Post by LEDave2020 »

I eventually realised that, but at the end of the date in question, I had opened the icon, yet was denied the credit. I don't consider that fair, and it must be worse for those with up to a 12 hour time difference.
tim lonely meeple

Post by tim lonely meeple »

cosmos empires released on 31st back into Alpha on 1st?
MadManMark

Post by MadManMark »

Impressive expansion of the platform BGA, glad to see my membership fees put to good use! But .. am I the only one who finds it a bit odd, and amusing, the obsession and angst here over qualifying for what ultimately is nothing more than a "participation trophy?" ("I showed up!")

I actually got one this time; didn't in the earlier 2023 month rollout. Apparently, I managed to click on the calendar three days in a row. This is seriously deemed an "achievement?!" Well, I feel all cool now ;)

One person posting here about this has been a member nearly four years, yet only has a handful of posts, and they wrote half of them about this? :roll:
h_illes

Post by h_illes »

MadManMark wrote: 01 January 2024, 16:43 Impressive expansion of the platform BGA, glad to see my membership fees put to good use! But .. am I the only one who finds it a bit odd, and amusing, the obsession and angst here over qualifying for what ultimately is nothing more than a "participation trophy?" ("I showed up!")

I actually got one this time; didn't in the earlier 2023 month rollout. Apparently, I managed to click on the calendar three days in a row. This is seriously deemed an "achievement?!" Well, I feel all cool now ;)

One person posting here about this has been a member nearly four years, yet only has a handful of posts, and they wrote half of them about this? :roll:
If BGA introduced achievements for this, that means they want users to care about it. With that in mind, I wouldn't blast any user for caring about it.
Starkeomer

Post by Starkeomer »

tim lonely meeple wrote: 01 January 2024, 15:55 cosmos empires released on 31st back into Alpha on 1st?
I was asking myself something similar. I click on the "play now button" and the website asks me to become a reviewer... ?
Tacoocat

Post by Tacoocat »

Did I miss Twilight Imperium 4?
Sdani

Post by Sdani »

MadManMark wrote: 01 January 2024, 16:43 Impressive expansion of the platform BGA, glad to see my membership fees put to good use! But .. am I the only one who finds it a bit odd, and amusing, the obsession and angst here over qualifying for what ultimately is nothing more than a "participation trophy?" ("I showed up!")

Can't agree more...!
Sometimes reading through the comments of this post when I have time and my internet allows.
How many people complain:
-OOOW the timing is not right/fair ...
-This game is not new it has been here for some time (yes Alpha or Beta...)
-this game was released twice (OK, this is a valid bug! Which was resolved apparently)

Do we forget that all this is just a game, we are here to have fun
Play the game,...read the rules,...in a game you win, you loose,... if you only win where is the fun?
(and that is a life lesson that has nothing to do with games btw)
You are allowed to not agree with the rules, you are allowed to express that, to be disappointed, to try and play the game differently... but you'll only get frustrated and unhappier, instead of enjoying the essence...
(and yes that is also a life lesson)
We all have this one game buddy: always complaining, always questioning the rules, always unhappy,... maybe it is also just part of the experience?
(but I rather prefer to avoid too much of that)

Thank you all who do give encouraging comments!
Or those who do express their disappointment politely without forgetting to thank the team also for the good stuff!

Thank you BGA team for your work!
SteveV

Post by SteveV »

Starkeomer wrote: 01 January 2024, 19:19
tim lonely meeple wrote: 01 January 2024, 15:55 cosmos empires released on 31st back into Alpha on 1st?
I was asking myself something similar. I click on the "play now button" and the website asks me to become a reviewer... ?
Still shows as Cosmos: Empires on the home page, but the Games page shows Turning Machine as the newest game...
mahomeless

Post by mahomeless »

Tacoocat wrote: 01 January 2024, 21:36 Did I miss Twilight Imperium 4?
Nah bro that poster at the Essen game fest was a lie. TI4 did not make it in 2023

Return to “Official announcements [en]”