Remove Traders

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mattzord

Remove Traders

Post by Mattzord »

Hi,

I'm going to try this here as well because I had too much games lately where it influenced my mood. Traders in its current form is almost useless. No one chooses it and because of that it forces you to pick the other civ you get dealt at the beginning. In the late game when games are tight you are praying that you won't get Traders. The only benefit is that you could possibly block center island if you conquered it. I know there are adjustments for traders coming in the future but I think until that's released we should get rid of Traders in the civ pool.

Let me know your thoughts!
Isadavaba

Re: Remove Traders

Post by Isadavaba »

I strongly agrees, I think it's one of the thing that everyone is according to change in the game
BazzyG

Post by BazzyG »

I agree, I would go further and like to see configurable games with a choice of Civilasations from a set pool.

With the last player to pick getting to be the starting player. As the difference in strength between Civilisations is vast, and some combinations are just more fun and dramatic than others.
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

BazzyG wrote: 11 December 2023, 11:37 I agree, I would go further and like to see configurable games with a choice of Civilasations from a set pool.

With the last player to pick getting to be the starting player. As the difference in strength between Civilisations is vast, and some combinations are just more fun and dramatic than others.
Interesting take on the civ selection process. I agree on the fact that the player that goes first should make some kind of sacrifice. Or - to make it a bit more positive - the player who goes last should have a benefit. Choosing the startplayer is one of the few things I dislike about Tapestry. It's random and can make a big impact.
hertztoomuch

Post by hertztoomuch »

I would also like to see cards be able to be discarded if gained late game. The only two who have that option are riverfolk and the island one, but there are about 3 others that SHOULD benefit from being discarded mid game pull
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

hertztoomuch wrote: 14 December 2023, 12:03 I would also like to see cards be able to be discarded if gained late game. The only two who have that option are riverfolk and the island one, but there are about 3 others that SHOULD benefit from being discarded mid game pull
I assume you referring to Historians, Craftsmen and Traders?
hertztoomuch

Post by hertztoomuch »

Mattzord wrote: 15 December 2023, 11:18
hertztoomuch wrote: 14 December 2023, 12:03 I would also like to see cards be able to be discarded if gained late game. The only two who have that option are riverfolk and the island one, but there are about 3 others that SHOULD benefit from being discarded mid game pull
I assume you referring to Historians, Craftsmen and Traders?
Yes. Although historians can be good if drawn early enough. An option is best. And I would add nomad, and merrymakers. I think if they change merrymakers to make
It like entertainers, where, when placed you DO get the benefits; it could be useful
Mattzord

Post by Mattzord »

I'm bumping this thread because i really think this civ needs to go from the civ pool. For some reason Traders are following me in a lot of games lately and I'm getting tired of it. Looking at the replies here in the topic I can't see a reason why we wouldn't remove it. Can somebody tell me if there is a way that we can contact the devs of BGA to ask if they are willing to add an option to remove it?

I will stop my rant here :D
having_fun_2000

Post by having_fun_2000 »

Everybody is afraid to get hit by the "Traders" curse if we comment on your post. But yes I agree: Tapestry life would be better without Traders
hertztoomuch

Post by hertztoomuch »

Mattzord wrote: 13 January 2024, 23:25 I'm bumping this thread because i really think this civ needs to go from the civ pool. For some reason Traders are following me in a lot of games lately and I'm getting tired of it. Looking at the replies here in the topic I can't see a reason why we wouldn't remove it. Can somebody tell me if there is a way that we can contact the devs of BGA to ask if they are willing to add an option to remove it?

I will stop my rant here :D
It seems like the civ update physical release pack includes the version of traders found here, so, it’s here to stay lol

Return to “Tapestry”