I don't like the latest changes.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
justanotherjo

I don't like the latest changes.

Post by justanotherjo »

The latest changes take most of the fun and all of the skill out of playing the game. if you make a foolish move, the game asks you if you are sure you want to do it.
ChiefPointThief

Re: I don't like the latest changes.

Post by ChiefPointThief »

I also prefer the old version. Played this a few days ago and was surprised about the change. The best thing about this game is the fast pace imo and messages kept popping up asking me if I'm sure I want to make a move.
ufm

Post by ufm »

justanotherjo wrote: 04 December 2023, 13:26 if you make a foolish move, the game asks you if you are sure you want to do it.
As you said (foolish), the reason of such moves was mostly a simple misclick. The warning (and a confirmation preference as well) is added to prevent them, so it is limited to a very specific occasion.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

ufm wrote: 05 December 2023, 05:30
justanotherjo wrote: 04 December 2023, 13:26 if you make a foolish move, the game asks you if you are sure you want to do it.
As you said (foolish), the reason of such moves was mostly a simple misclick. The warning (and a confirmation preference as well) is added to prevent them, so it is limited to a very specific occasion.
It was prompting messages for moves that aren't "foolish" though. I played two more games since and didn't get any messages so either this was removed (which was my gripe w/ the update) or I wasn't playing foolishly my 2nd and 3rd game :lol:

There are several positives to the update though (we'll depending on who you ask). It autoplays when you are dead and also only plays aces as ones when playing 11 will make you go over 99. The reverse and pass symbols can be helpful to newcomers as well.
ufm

Post by ufm »

In fact there was a bug in the initial version's warning dialog trigger and it has been subsequently fixed.
justanotherjo

Post by justanotherjo »

all of these changes, besides the rule card on screen have killed the fun of the game. If you are worried about protecting against misclick, add a confirm dialog. This is a card game, change it back to being a card game. As it sits now, I doubt I will play it again, it sucks now. If i want to play an ace as 11 and push it over 99, i should be allowed to. There is nothing in the rules that says "you must play a card to keep it under 99 if possible".
ufm

Post by ufm »

justanotherjo wrote: 07 December 2023, 16:38 all of these changes, besides the rule card on screen have killed the fun of the game.
The rule card has been in the game all along. I merely moved it from under the hand card zone to somewhere more visible.
justanotherjo wrote: 07 December 2023, 16:38 If you are worried about protecting against misclick, add a confirm dialog. This is a card game, change it back to being a card game.
It is still a card game.
Also, always enabling confirm mode is actually very bothersome in fast-paced games. I once did that and got huge negative responses.
justanotherjo wrote: 07 December 2023, 16:38 As it sits now, I doubt I will play it again, it sucks now. If i want to play an ace as 11 and push it over 99, i should be allowed to. There is nothing in the rules that says "you must play a card to keep it under 99 if possible".
So, you're basically saying 'I want to intentionally lose but it is now impossible, it sucks'? No thanks.
Ceaseless

Post by Ceaseless »

justanotherjo wrote: 04 December 2023, 13:26 The latest changes take most of the fun and all of the skill out of playing the game. if you make a foolish move, the game asks you if you are sure you want to do it.
99 Addition was never designed to be a game of skill. It's a low effort time passer. You can just relax and leave your brain on auto-pilot and probably do fine. That's part of the appeal to the game.
Hordil

Post by Hordil »

how to deactivate baby mode
phransoih

Post by phransoih »

the same for me. i won't play this anymore with this update. a good idea would be to bput it as an option for the one who don t want to play by themselves.

Return to “99 (addition card game)”