Norwegians is coming to town

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
bishopknight

Re: Norwegians is coming to town

Post by bishopknight »

Thank you so so much for bringing our favorite expansion to our favorite game to BGA!!

My friend and I would love to be guinea pigs and beta test this in 2p games before release, then report bugs that aren't reported already. I have a background in Java Development so I am familiar with identifying and filing bugs. We're avid fans of the Norweigians expansion.

I can be PM'd here or emailed at sean j gildea at gmail dot com
vykintas

Post by vykintas »

Guiscard wrote: 01 March 2024, 15:48 This is getting silly at this point! :( Next time don't tell me it is coming hah hah.
I almost agree . . The development was mostly finished by December, but publisher review process took way longer than I thought.

But I have some news to share at last - this morning I got the green light from the publishers!

So I've just put in a request for public alpha. The automatic email said that it can take 1 to 2 weeks to review and process the request so we will have to wait some more but once we go public alpha everyone can finally play! The more playtesters the better!
Alloran

Post by Alloran »

vykintas wrote: 05 March 2024, 10:04
Guiscard wrote: 01 March 2024, 15:48 This is getting silly at this point! :( Next time don't tell me it is coming hah hah.
I almost agree . . The development was mostly finished by December, but publisher review process took way longer than I thought.

But I have some news to share at last - this morning I got the green light from the publishers!

So I've just put in a request for public alpha. The automatic email said that it can take 1 to 2 weeks to review and process the request so we will have to wait some more but once we go public alpha everyone can finally play! The more playtesters the better!
Hero!!!!!!

I have never been a play tester but I will definitely help out with this! Do we have to do anything special to sign up?
biggiestreets

Post by biggiestreets »

^^ Echoing this question.
KeeganM4

Post by KeeganM4 »

vykintas wrote: 05 March 2024, 10:04

While we wait for BGA admins to move it from private to public, I wouldn't object to an invite to the private alpha to get a head-start on testing ;)
vykintas

Post by vykintas »

To be honest I don't have any privileged knowledge about alpha testing/review process. This is my first project on this platform and I've only been dealing with the development and the back-and-forth with the publishers so far.

I browsed the forums here a bit and here's some info regarding alpha testing (the reqs appear to be quite strict):
viewtopic.php?t=22637

As for fast tracking people to the alpha testing, the publishers explicitly wanted private alpha for themselves, so i feel hesitant to invite more people there, and would rather wait for proper public alpha.
KeeganM4

Post by KeeganM4 »

vykintas wrote: 06 March 2024, 16:34 To be honest I don't have any privileged knowledge about alpha testing/review process. This is my first project on this platform and I've only been dealing with the development and the back-and-forth with the publishers so far.

I browsed the forums here a bit and here's some info regarding alpha testing (the reqs appear to be quite strict):
viewtopic.php?t=22637

As for fast tracking people to the alpha testing, the publishers explicitly wanted private alpha for themselves, so i feel hesitant to invite more people there, and would rather wait for proper public alpha.
No problem, I will be patient :D . Thanks for all the work that this must have taken!
landon1013

Post by landon1013 »

While sending out this update are there any plans for an undo button where appropriate? (Not after seeing a reveal like cards) Also it would be AMAZING if there was a "practice" mode like in patchwork when deciding what piece to purchase after pilaging or buying the unique treasures.
garzahd

Post by garzahd »

Public alpha is ON. Come on over to https://boardgamearena.com/reviewer and join the fun.
Maryland Gamer

Post by Maryland Gamer »

May I please be allowed to become a reviewer for Feast for Odin. I have only played 12 different games so it won't let me in.

Return to “A Feast for Odin”