Arena more - losing way more points than gaining

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Kferko6

Arena more - losing way more points than gaining

Post by Kferko6 »

Hi there,

I’m facing a rather annoying - let’s say - problem. When winning, I gain between 7-10 arena points, while when losing, it’s always -23. It doesn’t matter if Inlose by 1 point or 200 and the same applies for winning.

Do you also have this “problem”?
Ceaseless

Re: Arena more - losing way more points than gaining

Post by Ceaseless »

What were the relative arena points of the opponents you won vs lost against? The points you scored in the game itself should not matter, only whether you won/lost/drew and what the relevant ratings of each player were for arena and regular points respectively.
ExaltedAngel

Re: Arena more - losing way more points than gaining

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Kferko6 wrote: 09 December 2023, 23:24 Hi there,

I’m facing a rather annoying - let’s say - problem. When winning, I gain between 7-10 arena points, while when losing, it’s always -23. It doesn’t matter if Inlose by 1 point or 200 and the same applies for winning.

Do you also have this “problem”?
If you are playing against lower rated opponents that is normal. On the opposite if you play higher rated opponents you are gonna win more than what you lose. In fact that it's why Elo rating makes sense, if you would win and lose the same regardless of the level of the opponent the rating would just be stupid and pointless.

Also yeah, the ingame scores are irrelevant as said by Ceaseless.

Return to “Ticket to Ride”