No ELO?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Vandaley

No ELO?

Post by Vandaley »

It looks like ELO has been disabled, was there any announcement I missed? All of my completed games now say "Ranking Disabled"
Vandaley

Re: No ELO?

Post by Vandaley »

The titles still exist (Expert, Good Player, Master, etc) for people as far as I can tell.
Sammy McSam

Post by Sammy McSam »

Dev mentioned an announcement of ELO rating changes will be delayed.
Looks like co-op / arena disabled games?
t-Max

Post by t-Max »

Wondering this too. My ELO seems to have gone up on a few games played, according to the counter on the image thumbnail, but there is no indication per match anymore.

Anyone know?
soggysocks

Post by soggysocks »

I would love to know why this is happening also. Please bring elo back. Don't care about ranking top 100 or whatever, but if there is no problem with bombing out, play is completely different. Hanabi has been 90% of why I have paid for bga for last several years. Hope this is just temporary or we at least get explanation soon
Cbarbara

Post by Cbarbara »

I hope the ranking will come back I would have liked to be notified if the ranking is stopped
and me too, i pay bga for hanabi
HanabiGrandMaster

Post by HanabiGrandMaster »

Ranked games are still "as normal", except that ELO points aren't SHOWN anymore. You still receive/lose the same number of points after finishing a game (but doesn't show), and you can still filter players on ELO (good/strong/expert/master/etc).
Stroom

Post by Stroom »

Master is not enough. Need at least on more tier 200 elo above master. Plenty of bad players still exist in 700-900 range.
t-Max

Post by t-Max »

Man... disabling ELO from view is not actually fixing the poor ELO system. What a bandaid.
dsailorgirl

Post by dsailorgirl »

I'm glad it's gone. People get very fixated in their score and forget that it's a cooperative game meant for fun. It seems to me that the loss of elo points related to disagreements in how to play leads to a lot of hostility with high scorers. Perhaps people will play more nicely or not at all when their elo (aka ego) score is irrelevant!. Good move BGA! 👏👏👏

Return to “Hanabi”