Elo system

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Roua

Re: Elo system

Post by Roua »

Meeplelowda wrote: 30 December 2023, 15:53
And it's not my site.
But you don’t know how to play in kalah, why are you interested in this topic?
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Roua wrote: 30 December 2023, 19:36
And it's not my site.
1) I've played kalah, which is why I even saw this topic.
2) It doesn't matter whether I'd played kalah 100K times or never even heard of kalah before because the ELO changes affected all games, not just kalah (to the extent a game has Elo at all).
Roua

Post by Roua »

Meeplelowda wrote: 30 December 2023, 20:39
And it's not my site.
2) It doesn't matter whether I'd played kalah 100K times or never even heard of kalah before because the ELO changes affected all games, not just kalah (to the extent a game has Elo at all).
let's play
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Roua wrote: 30 December 2023, 21:18
Meeplelowda wrote: 30 December 2023, 20:39

let's play
I am not a good player. That is irrelevant to whether I know about changes to the BGA calculation of ELO that were publicly announced if you were paying attention. The topic of discussion is the changes to the ELO system on BGA, not which of the two of us is the better player (spoiler alert: you are).

Like I said, I could have never played the game and still know about the change. Why you can't understand that concept is mysterious.
Roua

Post by Roua »

These are not Elo changes. These are changes that contradict Elo. And the trouble with Kalah on this site is that decisions are made by people who are not able to play. Besides stst, perhaps.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

There is no elo system for kalah. The scores you see next to player names are something else. Move on.
Roua

Post by Roua »

«Часто люди, не слишком хорошо знакомые с природой и ограничениями статистических методов, ждут от рейтингов слишком многого. Рейтинги обеспечивают лишь сравнение успехов, не больше и не меньше… Определение рейтинга каждого отдельного шахматиста можно сравнить с определением положения покачивающегося на волнах поплавка, привязанного к удочке леской, колышущейся на ветру»

Арпад Эло,"Chess Life", 1962

Return to “Kalah”