The Lost Ruins of Arnak: The Missing Expedition

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
skyfall2k

The Lost Ruins of Arnak: The Missing Expedition

Post by skyfall2k »

Hi everyone, I have a question about chapter six of the lost expedition: Havran's movement depends on quest action tiles, as does the first ceremony.
It often happens to me that during the various rounds Havran does not draw enough research action tiles, so the first ceremony takes place in the 5th round, forcing me to wait with the lens and the notebook in the lower chamber of the idol, accumulating tablets, arrows and diamonds that I can't use. Several times it happens that I have no actions to take, as Havran has not placed the fourth fear tile in the lower chamber of the idol and I cannot make the comparison, so the game does not continue. Does this happen to you too?
DukeOfEarl

Re: The Lost Ruins of Arnak: The Missing Expedition

Post by DukeOfEarl »

This is not a question about the BGA adaptation; you'd probably have an answer more quickly if you ask on boardgamegeek.com

That being said, it sounds like you're playing the rival wrong: in any game where the rival is used (solo or during the ME campaign), he always plays all his 10 tiles, even if you passed earlier. Quote base game rulebook, pg 20: "During the round, your rival and you alternate turns, as you would in a two-player game. Your rival does not pass until they have played all 10 action tiles, even if you have already passed."
skyfall2k

Re: The Lost Ruins of Arnak: The Missing Expedition

Post by skyfall2k »

A thousand thanks ! I hadn't reread the manual for the solo game. I screwed up all the solo games of the missing expedition...
I will try again considering this

Return to “Lost Ruins of Arnak”