Expansion 3 not implemented properly?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Rares2004

Expansion 3 not implemented properly?

Post by Rares2004 »

I'm not entirely sure if this is like an international rule vs first edition rule difference but whenever a "dragon turn" tile is placed, you have the choice to place the fairy on one of your meeples and then move the dragon. In the rulebook that I read (the 2nd edition) the "dragon turn" happens in stage 1b and the fairy in stage 2 which means the dragon moves first then the fairy gets moved. Is the implementation wrong or am I wrong?
danisthirty

Re: Expansion 3 not implemented properly?

Post by danisthirty »

I don't know for sure how the different versions of the rules conflict with each other, but I can say that in every version of Carcassonne I've played (including in-person games) it has always been that you have the chance to move the fairy before the dragon begins his journey...
Rares2004

Re: Expansion 3 not implemented properly?

Post by Rares2004 »

danisthirty wrote: 28 December 2023, 23:54 I don't know for sure how the different versions of the rules conflict with each other, but I can say that in every version of Carcassonne I've played (including in-person games) it has always been that you have the chance to move the fairy before the dragon begins his journey...
That's how I play in person as well, but the rules seem to state otherwise...
EDIT: Now that I look at the rules it does say that after placing the dragon tile you may place a meeple, then the dragon moves. However the dragon tile is listed as phase 1b literally a row after. Seems conflicting

Return to “Carcassonne”