TURING MACHINE : An amazing game to start the New Year!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Escondido

Re: TURING MACHINE : An amazing game to start the New Year!

Post by Escondido »

some users use the turingmachine.info site to find the solution. The matches are distorted, the honesty of the players cannot be trusted. :(
villager

Post by villager »

Can someone better explain how Extreme mode works? The wiki one liner isn't very helpful.. will one of the verifiers in every column always return false?

Also please consider implementing a solo-multiplayer mode.. meaning it's like starting a bunch of solo games for a table, but you aren't waiting for all players to finish the round. Winning is by comparing number of turns taken to solve the puzzle..
This can significantly speed up for Extreme mode games that need multiple rounds of verifications.
eronGreco

Post by eronGreco »

Amazing one!

But, what does Flanders mean in the cover image? LOL
Tambria

Post by Tambria »

Gooldylocks wrote: 02 January 2024, 05:54 Has anyone struggled to test your code against the criteria cards? We’re mobile users and we seem to be unable to interact with the game appropriately
I am not sure how to test the code against the criteria cards either. I don't know what to tap to select/deselect them or what the x's mean.
Esmerelda1738

Post by Esmerelda1738 »

Tambria wrote: 09 January 2024, 05:24
Gooldylocks wrote: 02 January 2024, 05:54 Has anyone struggled to test your code against the criteria cards? We’re mobile users and we seem to be unable to interact with the game appropriately
I am not sure how to test the code against the criteria cards either. I don't know what to tap to select/deselect them or what the x's mean.
Click/tap on the upper half of the card: the part where it describes what it is asking, not the lower section where it has the different options the answer could be.

The "x"'s come up when you touch on the different answer options on the bottom half: it's for you to mark them as ruled out in your thought process. These don't mean anything, it's just for your own note taking.
Rouie_a

Post by Rouie_a »

Escondido wrote: 07 January 2024, 18:00 some users use the turingmachine.info site to find the solution. The matches are distorted, the honesty of the players cannot be trusted. :(
You are right!
People are winning without even testing one number!
Very sad.
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

To those who think people are cheating:
- all verificators are useful
- at the end there is a single solution

With that, you can deduce a lot of things. Sometimes finding the solution with no questions asked.

It's a game of deduction, if you like that, I advise you to read some of the problems on the turing machine forum, and give a second chance to the game :)
Romain672

Post by Romain672 »

Rouie_a wrote: 12 January 2024, 09:35
Escondido wrote: 07 January 2024, 18:00 some users use the turingmachine.info site to find the solution. The matches are distorted, the honesty of the players cannot be trusted. :(
You are right!
People are winning without even testing one number!
Very sad.
Justed tested that theory:
This game: https://boardgamearena.com/archive/repl ... s=84207926;
turingmachine.info find me the solution 134.
The real solution was 235.

So using that website is bad (they could use something else though).
Rouie_a

Post by Rouie_a »

Romain672 wrote: 12 January 2024, 15:22 To those who think people are cheating:
- all verificators are useful
- at the end there is a single solution

With that, you can deduce a lot of things. Sometimes finding the solution with no questions asked.

It's a game of deduction, if you like that, I advise you to read some of the problems on the turing machine forum, and give a second chance to the game :)
I know, and I know when a single solution exists and when at least 1 question is needed. And even in those cases - some users guess the solution without testing.
shecon

Post by shecon »

I hope I can play the following two games on your platform

Tekhenu: Obelisk of the Sun

AquaSphere

Return to “Official announcements [en]”