Suggestion - auto decline trade offer

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Stroom

Re: Suggestion - auto decline trade offer

Post by Stroom »

SilkySapper wrote: 17 February 2024, 23:01 When did I ever say to hide anything from players? And "pretty much public information" still isn't actually public information. If you were in a game IRL and you stopped someone's turn so you could count the cards of each resource still in the bank, you would be told to leave.
Doesn't matter how it is in IRL. Making playing easier for online games is a good idea nevertheless. Bank card count is really a simple thing to add that makes games faster. You just refuse to look at it from a different perspective. Online games are never the same as real life games. Why resist the idea of making the online games easier to change?

The bank situation is 100% public knowledge if you are able to track cards. Card tracking for online games is a different mechanic than in real life games. I'd rather not waste my time playing online and counting cards. That slows the game up for everyone. Maybe that's why so many players use up their timers. Better to remove this aspect. You can see when there is no point to offer trades. It's faster to decide whether to use a monopoly or not. Just better for everything.
SilkySapper wrote: 17 February 2024, 23:01 If you look on the right hand side of your screen when you're playing, you'll see a list that displays all players trades, rolls, purchases, and resources gathered, as well as who has stolen from whom. As I said, use those to inform the decisions that you make, you don't need to have the program to tell you how to play.
And please, don't go telling people their play style is simplistic when you've only played the game once and won because someone dropped out early.
So you'd rather go read the logs and reverse engineer things in your head... that the UI could be telling you without all the hassle? Why waste your time on this? I would rather concentrate more on actually important things like where to place settlements and what to do with the resources. If a plugin can track the cars for me, I'd use it. But when a tracker like this could easily be built, I would rather let everyone have it by default.

Why I don't play in BGA? I tried it out and the UI is much worse than the other 2 fan-made online adaptations that are out there. I am not going to name them but you will probably be able to find them easily. Also I have played a bit in the competitive scene too. I found that the best way to get better at the game was to play very quick games online. The platforms we have now are quite slow compared to an older platform that was closed about 10 years ago. Online games are not as serious. You'd rather want to remove the boring aspects to make the game faster. Get more experience faster.

Return to “Catan”