Daily challenge format for Arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
LesserJester

Daily challenge format for Arena

Post by LesserJester »

Is it me or does the colour sequence you get influence the game outcome? Some symbol sequences seem to work better with one colour over another. Also which pencil power you have in a given round can matter if the sequence is very short or unfavourably spitting out a lot of pairs of symbols one after the other.

Can we therefore have the option for Daily Challenge format in Arena where both players get the same colour at the same time? It would make matches much fairer and be a better test of player skill as opposed to luck of the draw.
byngo11

Re: Daily challenge format for Arena

Post by byngo11 »

I think this topic was discussed before. This is a good point but to sum up, arena use original game rules - in which there is only one pen per color. But people are open to this idea, even the creators of the game I believe.

It's not a bad idea but I guess you can also argue one can copy the opponent's strategies this way...
KenFin1

Re: Daily challenge format for Arena

Post by KenFin1 »

I suggested it previously, and I don't see how you can copy strategies. Moves are made simultaneously. Each game has its own draw, it's not that repeat games get the same draws, so it is not possible to copy/learn from before (unlike the current daily challenge, which should IMO be limited to one play per person per day).

Return to “Next Station: London”