To the Person who RTed me:

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Derry85

To the Person who RTed me:

Post by Derry85 »

As the arena season is drawing to a close, we are all no doubt excited about having a last shot to reach the top. Some of us however, no longer have this privilege due to a (in my opinion) unjustified red thumb (hence blocking me from playing any games with this particular player and by extension being excluded from many possible games.)

To this particular player (and any other player in the same position), you are a veteran of the game, and well respected within the For Sale community, and I would just like to say that if I have done something to wrong you, I would like to apologise for it. In the brief period of time you decided to unban me from your games (due to another player’s messages), we had played many games together, many of which you placed below average in. Coincidentally in many of these games you were also in the seat directly after me.

Yes, I will acknowledge that my playing methods are annoying to deal with, and sometimes my bids are erratic and irrational. But unfortunately (or fortunately) that is part of the luck and charm of the game. One simply cannot use the same strategy for all games and expect to do consistently well every single game, it doesn’t work like that.

I realise that the person in question may not even end up reading this, but in the hopes that you do, I would just like to say that this is only a game, not a life or death situation nor anything serious of the sort. While I acknowledge that you have every right to exclude me from your games for any reason you see fit, I hope you can reconsider your decision and unban me. Thank you.
Praid_Top_Guigu noob

Re: To the Person who RTed me:

Post by Praid_Top_Guigu noob »

The game should be interesting.
I recommend familiarizing yourself with the rules of the game until you learn them; Personally, I don't want to play with you. I don't consider you a rival and, as far as I understand, many high-ranking players agree with me.
WTD69

Post by WTD69 »

In my experience, every player (with the exception of people who play on multiple accounts to fix their place), is interesting to play with. I love assessing the table at the start of each game and trying to decide how I will best play, considering the personalities at the table and the positions we're all sitting in.
Buxpb

Post by Buxpb »

Не с каждым игроком интересно играть)
Я помню тебе красный палец поставил и месяца два не играл и я объяснил это и ты так больше не делаешь.

Есть люди которые специально мешают играть или специально отдают победу, с такими я не люблю играть и ставлю красный палец, что бы не портить свой игровой процесс.

Так же есть люди которые агрессивны в чате или не могут подождать минуту и удаляют, с такими я так же больше не играю.

Каждый человек должен уважать свое время.
WTD69

Post by WTD69 »

I agree with you that it is not fun to play with people who deliberately give away victories. And yes, blocking somebody because they expelled you from a game could be considered reasonable too. But if people play erratic or bad, then for me that is part of the charm - learning that play style and trying to use it to your advantage.
Derry85

Post by Derry85 »

Hograt wrote: 07 January 2024, 17:28 The game should be interesting.
I recommend familiarizing yourself with the rules of the game until you learn them; Personally, I don't want to play with you. I don't consider you a rival and, as far as I understand, many high-ranking players agree with me.
Firstly, thank you for replying, and while you are entitled to your opinion, I would disagree with you. You have every right to refuse to play me ever again (as is what RT does until the end of this season anyway), but from next season onwards it is my understanding that the RT will be ignored for arena matches.

As for the games which I have played against you, (very recently actually), I do not spot a single game where I did not know the rules of the game, nor was there any game where one erratic bid changed the result of the game dramatically, quite the opposite actually. Both you and I had very positive results in those games, the results of which has you sitting on top of the leaderboard and poised to take 1st place. (I'd also like to offer you my kudos and Congratulations)

You don't need to consider me a rival, and you can choose to avoid playing me in games because you think I will deliberately throw them, that's your right and opinion and I do not wish to change that. As for the many high-ranking players agreeing, who are you referring to exactly? I have one person in mind (who I had in mind when making this post in the first place), and before he/she blocked me, they had a series of bad results in games which I was involved, and I could only pin down as frustration as the reason they blocked me. As I said in my original post, it is well within their rights to do so and I respect that decision.

On another level, this is meant to be a space to play and have fun, and yes, while I agree that certain people spoiling the game and you taking trash cards as a result is not fun, this is the luck aspect of the game. A master cannot expect to beat a beginner 100% of the time, that's a problem with game design you have, not the players themselves. Everyone is free to make their own decisions in game, whether it would be to their own benefit/to the games' detriment (or both). No other player at the table can influence this decision.
Buxpb wrote: 08 January 2024, 16:18 Не с каждым игроком интересно играть)
Я помню тебе красный палец поставил и месяца два не играл и я объяснил это и ты так больше не делаешь.

Есть люди которые специально мешают играть или специально отдают победу, с такими я не люблю играть и ставлю красный палец, что бы не портить свой игровой процесс.

Так же есть люди которые агрессивны в чате или не могут подождать минуту и удаляют, с такими я так же больше не играю.

Каждый человек должен уважать свое время.
Thank you for replying here too Buxpb, and thank you for being respectful and open to having a thoughtful conversation without insults. Yes, I agree, when I first started playing this game I was one of those "noobs" who bid excessively on the high property and hence ended up ruining the game for everyone. It is a learning curve everyone goes through. I'm glad you no longer see me that way. There are also times where I can come across as being aggressive and taunting players' moves, I would like to apologise to anyone whom I have offended as this was not my intention. I agree, people do tend to rush other players too much in this game and that isn't nice to put up with either. Use the "fast" setting if you want fast games, simple.

I would also like to address a point here as I believe it is something that many players of For Sale would be skeptical of, and that is the fact that you may be an alt account of the previously banned cheaters. (Those of whom I cannot name or this post will be removed). I apologise in advance if this is not true and is a false accusation, but I want to leave it open to you to clarify and explain the situation.

I have seen one account which does raise suspicion a little of multi-accounting to raise Elo and arena points and I would just like to ask why? Is your ultimate goal to be top of arena? (if so you've already done it twice?) If not, what is your goal? Again, I apologise if I am falsely accusing you of cheating, but sometimes the way you chat aggressively matches almost identically to the way the previous cheater did.
WTD69 wrote: 08 January 2024, 16:33 I agree with you that it is not fun to play with people who deliberately give away victories. And yes, blocking somebody because they expelled you from a game could be considered reasonable too. But if people play erratic or bad, then for me that is part of the charm - learning that play style and trying to use it to your advantage.
Thanks for your reply WTD. I think this is truly what epitomizes the game of For Sale. Yes it is true some players will bid overly aggressively, and if that is the case, you can use that to your advantage. Yes, it is unavoidable that there are times that games will be ruined to one bad bid, but those other times where it is not you need to know what to bid depending on who you are sitting before/after. Considering things like "will he follow with 6 if I bid 5, or should I bid 4 instead" and getting the right degree every single time is what will ultimately make a more consistent player. I would argue that by RT people who do not fit your play style, you are leaving yourself exposed to whenever you face this "noob" strategy in arena against Bronze/Silver League players.

Finally, I would just like to speak to all For Sale players past present and future. If I have been in one of your games and exhibited bad behaviour (either through bad bids, taunting or otherwise) I would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I (like many others here) multitask a lot of the time when playing the game and this leads to me being distracted and hence more liable to make bad decisions. However I will say that I do not play with bad intentions, I would not outright ruin a game for someone unless it had a major benefit to me in game and it also seems like a logical decision to make.

As I have said in my original post, to everyone who has blocked me, you have every right to continue doing so, and I will not hold that against you, but I just believe that people do indeed deserve second chances, especially if it is just a game and at the end of the day whoever wins or loses isn't going to dramatically impact your life.

I'll probably be leaving the For Sale scene for a while though, as it seems like the community has spoken and wants me out, I will be down for some friendlies now and again, but part of me thinks I will be sitting out arena for a long time to come as it seems even if I did try to shoot for the top, there will be people cursing my existence. Until that changes, I think I'll be on the lookout for more friendly and chill communities to join.

Thanks for all the good memories and games, and until next time :)
S-pulse

Post by S-pulse »

This is the whole truth.
Derry85

Post by Derry85 »

S-pulse wrote: 09 January 2024, 10:58 This is the whole truth.
Hey Pulse, sorry but am a bit confused by this, what do you mean when you say “this is the whole truth”? Thanks :)
S-pulse

Post by S-pulse »

Derry85 wrote: 09 January 2024, 12:05
S-pulse wrote: 09 January 2024, 10:58 This is the whole truth.
Hey Pulse, sorry but am a bit confused by this, what do you mean when you say “this is the whole truth”? Thanks :)
I'm on your side.
It hurts that our friends are hurt by people who disrupt the rankings by cheating.
Derry85

Post by Derry85 »

Hey Pulse yep I 100% agree, and to be honest I think we shouldn’t accept this as a community. A boycott of arena (and maybe the game at large) is what is needed to get rid of the cheater accounts once and for all.

Return to “For Sale”