Rule clarification for Event

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Amau_Catepetl

Rule clarification for Event

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

Hello, I received the game "Earth" at Christmas, so I also started to play this game on BGA. IRL, I play an event on my zone or in other player zone but I have the feeling that I can play an event only on my zone on BGA. What is the correct rule to play an event ?
Thanks
Nastaa

Re: Rule clarification for Event

Post by Nastaa »

Hi, you can only play an event to yourself, not to someone else. You are allowed to do it during your turn or someone else's turn, and it does not require a plant action to do it, but it always applies only to yourself.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Amau_Catepetl wrote: 07 January 2024, 10:24 Hello, I received the game "Earth" at Christmas, so I also started to play this game on BGA. IRL, I play an event on my zone or in other player zone but I have the feeling that I can play an event only on my zone on BGA. What is the correct rule to play an event ?
Thanks
In case you were wondering where the rules tell you that you can't do that, the written rules for Earth don't explicitly say the words "you can only use this in your tableau," but it is implied by this language:
EVENT CARDS
Event cards are unlike other Earth cards in that
they can be played at any time, even on another
player’s turn, or between the activation of two
abilities. They give the player an instant benefit
and they don’t directly affect other players.
Playing in someone else's zone would be affecting another player.
Last edited by Meeplelowda on 08 January 2024, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Amau_Catepetl

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

ok, thanks for the clarification

Return to “Earth”