Arena season 16: New Year, New Challenges!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
gems55

Re: Arena season 16: New Year, New Challenges!

Post by gems55 »

What does the blue bar across the top of the page, to show the arena progress through the 90 days show? Yes, I know each bar is for a day, but why do the light/dark blue regions change (move up/down) each day?

Just curious.
miklomike

Post by miklomike »

For Boss Quest, last season a 4th League was added part way through the season. Why is this? There were less players than normal.

There was also no champion crowned this season for Boss Quest, can you please explain? The highest player should be the champion.
h_illes

Post by h_illes »

In Century: Spice Road, Platinum league players from the old season kept their league and rank, while all other players were reset to Silver and Bronze level 1. This might have to do with the fact that Platinum League was introduced halfway through last season.

Whatever the reason, this is straight up embarassing, fix it ASAP.
Momma_Bear

Post by Momma_Bear »

lanzi wrote: 09 January 2024, 17:48 Happy new year and thanks to all for their efforts to make the Arena possible.

It seems their is an error in the new Kahuna-Ranking.

All players, who ended up in gold weren't decreased and are now higher than the elite-players of the last saison.

Best wishes!
Similar issue in Hand and Foot. We have several players ranked Platinum and there is a sliding scale down through silver with most of us at 1 silver, which is where everyone should be.
Patrick of the Isles

Post by Patrick of the Isles »

I notice that in both Terra Mystica and Russian Railroads we also see irregular arena starting conditions (some players start in gold league without relegation). I also notice that this same problem occurred at the beginning of previous arena seasons.

Could the site leadership review these cases to evaluate why it was not fixed after previous seasons, and how it can be prioritized for fixing in the future?
kl_escape

Post by kl_escape »

LesserJester wrote: 09 January 2024, 17:29
thoun wrote: 09 January 2024, 17:09
All players should have kept their rank for ticket to ride Europe. It isn't reset for games released less than a month before the end of arena, because first season would be too short.
Ah, that at least makes sense. It's still borked for:
  • Ticket To Ride
  • Next Station London
  • Azul
  • SpaceBase
  • Innovation
  • Splendor
and I imagine many others. Those are just the ones I've looked at so far.

Bug report raised here. https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=110109

Please vote
Add Kingdomino to the list ... All Diamod players stayed on Diamond and Elite players have been downgraded to silver!
Robyn Hood

Post by Robyn Hood »

Wonderful Plays wrote: 09 January 2024, 16:37 Can you explain how turn based termination works? Because it clearly didn't work like written in the FAQ see the game here:
https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34260
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=455635346
I got a game loss, despite having used way less time than the other player
In the FAQ, there is also nothing written about the fact that you also lose elo, not only arena points. While I understand that you lose arena points when you do not finish in time for the season (but it should in fact be the player who used most of the time, which is apparently not the case), it does not make sense at all that you also lose elo. The game should just switch to standard mode and if it is not cancelled, the elo should be distributed according to the final result of the game.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

gems55 wrote: 09 January 2024, 18:28 What does the blue bar across the top of the page, to show the arena progress through the 90 days show? Yes, I know each bar is for a day, but why do the light/dark blue regions change (move up/down) each day?

Just curious.
They represent games played on each given day.
Mitra78

Post by Mitra78 »

In 7wa there is a diamond league with a lot of players in it. Obviously a bug.
ONE PUNCH MAN

Post by ONE PUNCH MAN »

Happy new year and thanks to all for their efforts to make the Arena possible.

It seems their is an error in the new Challengers! Ranking.

All players, who ended up in "platinum" weren't decreased and are now higher than the elite-players of the last season.

Best wishes!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”