Is Michael's set up compulsory this season?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Mackysmum

Is Michael's set up compulsory this season?

Post by Mackysmum »

I can't seem to change it back to normal.... Says "locked"?
Thanks
Meeplelowda

Re: Is Michael's set up compulsory this season?

Post by Meeplelowda »

Mackysmum wrote: 10 January 2024, 18:14 I can't seem to change it back to normal.... Says "locked"?
Thanks
Yes. On the main page there is a news feed that will announce changes to all arenas you have participated in (if there are any changes).
Mackysmum

Post by Mackysmum »

Thanks 👍
OxJabber

Post by OxJabber »

If any gurus are reading, I'm not sure that I'm a fan of Michael's setup. It adds even more of an element of chance into the game, if you get a bad setup then it's almost impossible to recover. I'm ok with Bruno's variant, because you can factor that into your gameplay, but if you get 4 low tiles to begin with and the order they've drawn means you have a 1 in the bottom right corner, that takes several moves to get back.
_Redlum_

Post by _Redlum_ »

Hi,

I agree. This setup is just bad. It was difficult enough in the oroginal version to deal with consecutive / identical tiles. This new variant makes some games even more unbalanced. You can tell from the initial drawing of the first round who is going to win the game. Not fun... I hope this is the one and only season where this setup will be used. Leave it as optional in regular games for those who like it, but not in arena.

Thanks !
Quinlord

Post by Quinlord »

Yes, definitely a bad setup. Makes games way too unbalanced from the start and not in a fun way.
erisvc

Post by erisvc »

Also throwing in on this. Michael's set up is wretched. It just adds a horrible RNG element that the game in no way benefits from.

Used to really enjoy Lucky Numbers arena for a quick filler. Not this season. It's not fun to get screwed by it, and it's equally boring to take 7 minutes pulverizing an opponent who gets screwed by it. I've had very few interesting/fun games of Lucky Numbers with this variant (I wanted to give it a fair chance).

Return to “Lucky Numbers”