CAPTAIN FLIP + BGA AWARDS 2024!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
miklomike

Re: CAPTAIN FLIP + BGA AWARDS 2024!

Post by miklomike »

It will be interesting to see the share of votes based on which game is displayed first. Since we are forced to vote for all categories, I bet many will just pick the first game in each.
Andrew Davidson

Post by Andrew Davidson »

I could only make a sensible vote in one category and refuse to make random votes in the other four categories. So I didn't vote as the awards are clearly worthless.

Also, people should only be allowed to vote for games that they have played.
Panthergirl

Post by Panthergirl »

miklomike wrote: 17 January 2024, 05:28 It will be interesting to see the share of votes based on which game is displayed first. Since we are forced to vote for all categories, I bet many will just pick the first game in each.
I picked ones that friends play and enjoy, but that is still not the same as me voting for a game I know. Not sure whose idea it was to making voting in every category mandatory, but it makes the whole thing meaningless. I won't give any weight at all to the "winners" in each category, and it won't make me more inclined to learn them, which it would have had the voting made more sense.
twistoffate1

Post by twistoffate1 »

vicoraio wrote: 15 January 2024, 21:52
Phelan wrote: 15 January 2024, 18:35 Is Ned missing? I didn't find him.
me neither
Stupid sexy holographic Flanders
sammmmmy195

Post by sammmmmy195 »

I would love it if votes were limited to games you've actually played, so you're only allowed to vote for games with a logged play on Board Game Arena.

You'd need to have some mathematical formulas to determine the winner in this, rather than just having the game with the most votes being the winner, but it would make the results actually interesting, rather than what they are now which is just a popularity contest.
m0d0

Post by m0d0 »

Yep, another voice who doesn't want to vote randomly for games I haven't played, so won't be voting at all, even in categories where I have an opinion.
weenie_

Post by weenie_ »

After reading the comments, it seems that there is some feedback to take on board for next year!

I think some people skipped reading that this is the first ever BGA Awards and so it will have some bumps to smooth out.

Excited to see the results of this year (even with the clear issues) and look forward to seeing this happen every year! :D
inkera

Post by inkera »

ChiefPointThief wrote: 15 January 2024, 14:35
Maybo wrote: 15 January 2024, 14:25 This is a fun concept! :)

I do find a little odd that you have to vote in ALL categories to vote at all, considering not everyone plays all types of games.
If this is true it will tarnish the votes because people may want to give one specific game a vote and just click other categories random. Not having captain flip on this list is a crime :D I also think you should have to had played multiple games in each category otherwise it is just a popularity contest.

That was the reason I didn't vote - I'd have liked to have, but it wouldn't be fair to the other games!
BabarDaGobar

Post by BabarDaGobar »

When does voting end? If we have 6 months maybe I can play them all before I vote?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BabarDaGobar wrote: 19 January 2024, 21:26 When does voting end? If we have 6 months maybe I can play them all before I vote?
Voting ends next Monday, January 22 at 1:00 PM (UTC+1).

Return to “Official announcements [en]”