It's here! A PDF of all the current maps available in Memoir 44!

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Cavetoad

It's here! A PDF of all the current maps available in Memoir 44!

Post by Cavetoad »

EDIT: REV 2.0 is now OUT!!

So per a request in the thread, there was a need to add at least the rules for each scenario. I had my original version that was what I had to strip before I could even make 1.0 to make it upload-able. But, as I noted, I found a decent PDF compressor and I now have added both the Historical Information AND the details of the map to each map! It's doubled the size of the PDF, but each map now has both....

So... Enjoy! PDF Warning and it's 26M or so...

https://files.catbox.moe/y0l5kr.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello all my Frens, soon-to-be-frens and even Non-frens!

So, I had asked months ago if there was a PDF for all the available maps. (Not including Breakout btw, I still don't even know how to start one of those maps, wtf is training mode?). Of course I had plenty of helpful folks point me to BGG and other places, but since I was hardcore noob it was hard to piece together just what I was looking at where.... Sure, all the boards are part of all the expansions somewhere, but it murdered my OCD braincell.

I have my own lil' group of Frens that is growing, and I like to throw private tourneys. Unfortunately, I have the memory of a toad and I'd be completely confused as I scroll through the maps trying to remember which one I liked (pretty much always play Random) and would be a good Tourney map. So, I started a project of making a PDF that would work for something I could look at and scroll through to figure out what maps are good options for a fun Tourney.

Today I have the results. Hopefully the Mods allow the link since the size is too large to upload here (13.2M). PDF Warning!

https://files.catbox.moe/sgor7a.pdf OLD

I originally had a version with the History for each map but it was MASSIVE (MS to PDF sux, was over 240M). I still have a version of that I may go through and try to convert now that I found a much better conversion tool that compresses the document to PDF in a reasonable manner without paying 200 bucks a year for a sub.

Rev 1, per the link, features the following. Date and Revision. Screenshot of each map. Table of Contents which is clickable to get to the map you want to see. I tried to show enough of the screens so that resourceful folks can determine how many cards each side gets and whether or not there's a commissar token. Hopefully when I get time to do Rev 2, it'll have the historical crud (and probably double in size).

Either way, please give feedback, I aim to make this a useful tool for all the BGA '44 folks and beyond!

Mods if I've broken some horrible rule, let me know and I'll try not to do it again. If you like it, feel free to pin it and may it'll end up a living group effort document!

I know we have lots of foreign folks here, many who seem to speak French, so if someone resourceful wants to help and do the conversion so it doesn't seem like an idiot did it, feel free to contact me.

Most of all fellow online boardgamers, ENJOY AND SHARE! Good luck, good dice, good cards, wise decisions, and good times to all!
CT
Last edited by Cavetoad on 03 February 2024, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
ddemoss

Re: It's here! A PDF of all the current maps available in Memoir 44!

Post by ddemoss »

Looks nice! The only thing I noticed that could use a minor correction is that the scenario containing "Klin" in the name got probably auto-spell-corrected to "Kiln."
Cavetoad

Post by Cavetoad »

Nice catch, I'll get that fixed. Thanks!
JBurkeAnderson

Post by JBurkeAnderson »

Nick work Cavetoad! Looks awesome! Thanks for putting that together! That will help out alot.
jeroenh

Post by jeroenh »

Thanks for this, this is really helpful!
It would be nice to have the special rules available also for each map. Not necessarily all of the historical information.
Cavetoad

Post by Cavetoad »

jeroenh wrote: 22 January 2024, 13:45 Thanks for this, this is really helpful!
It would be nice to have the special rules available also for each map. Not necessarily all of the historical information.
I did originally have those included but there was a size issue. I do have a backup of that version, so I'll start working on a rev 2 which will include those again now that I have a PDF creator that does good compression.

Thanks for the feedback and for checking it out, I'm glad you find it useful!
CT
Cavetoad

Post by Cavetoad »

See next post!

CT
Last edited by Cavetoad on 03 February 2024, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.
Cavetoad

Post by Cavetoad »

EDIT: REV 2.0 is now OUT!!

So per a request in the thread, there was a need to add at least the rules for each scenario. I had my original version that was what I had to strip before I could even make 1.0 to make it upload-able. But, as I noted, I found a decent PDF compressor and I now have added both the Historical Information AND the details of the map to each map! It's doubled the size of the PDF, but each map now has both....

So... Enjoy! PDF Warning and it's 26M or so...

https://files.catbox.moe/y0l5kr.pdf

CT
yoyoyo2020

Post by yoyoyo2020 »

thx
Cavetoad

Post by Cavetoad »

Has anyone tried to translate this to French for the folks across the pond? I'm just guessing, but there's a ton of posts from fans.

Let me know if you need a better source to translate and I'll do what I can to help!

```````````````````````````

Quelqu’un a-t-il essayé de traduire cela en français pour les gens de l’autre côté de l’étang ? Je ne fais que deviner, mais il y a une tonne de messages de fans.

Faites-moi savoir si vous avez besoin d’une meilleure source à traduire et je ferai ce que je peux pour vous aider !

Return to “Memoir 44”