Figure limit

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
mloballer

Figure limit

Post by mloballer »

In this implementation of Maracaibo, there is a 5 figure limit you can have at once. I cannot find a limit in the rule book, am I missing it? If not is there a reason it's limited to 5?
Kayvon

Re: Figure limit

Post by Kayvon »

I think you're confusing three different issues.

1) You are not limited to 5 figures in this implementation.
2) In the physical game, you are limited to the figures included in the game. There are 8.
3) When you set up the game, 3 of the figures are placed on your career card and may only be unlocked by completing career goals.
katcak

Post by katcak »

I played yesterday and placed 6 (or 7) figures on the field as assistants, although I did not receive them from the career card.
Phoxtrot

Post by Phoxtrot »

Oh, why is it not limited ?

In the rules:
FIGURE: Immediately take a Figure of your color from the general supply, provided there is one there.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

katcak wrote: 26 January 2024, 11:31 I played yesterday and placed 6 (or 7) figures on the field as assistants, although I did not receive them from the career card.
Pics or it didn't happen?

Seriously, the game does track it. If you're saying it didn't, show us where: Table and move number. I'm willing to be proven wrong here.

If we're just throwing theories without proof, then I'll join in by saying you simply miscounted.

Edit: It's kind of funny that we're simultaneously accused of limiting the figures to 5 and not limiting them at all in the same thread.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Good news: someone did provide a table and move number, so we were able to fix a situation that allowed players to exceed the figure limit.

For details, see https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=118029

Return to “Maracaibo”