Azul Official World Championship: registration is open!

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
AsmodeeRob

Re: Azul Official World Championship: registration is open!

Post by AsmodeeRob »

Hello again from Asmodee OP,

We understand that due to the open registration for the January tournaments, there are some players who may not have been able to participate in the first series of tournaments this weekend. To help ensure everyone who wishes to participate in the Azul World Championship tournament will have the opportunity, we are making early registration to the February tournaments available to any players who were unable to register for the January tournaments.

Players may fill out the early registration request form using the link below:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Again, only players who did not register in the January tournaments will be eligible to receive an early registration link.

Early registration requests must be made before Monday, January 29 at 12am CET.

Finally, we want to thank you for all of your feedback on this first Would Championship tournament series on BGA. We appreciate all the suggestions on ways to improve for the next tournament series as well as BGA as a hosting platform for those events.

Update: Thank you to everyone who participated in the early registration for the February tournaments!
Last edited by AsmodeeRob on 29 January 2024, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
OhNoesHS

Post by OhNoesHS »

Any chance for time changes for next weeks qualifiers. I think all four tournaments should be placed 6 hours apart.

I thought this was a tournament for the globe and not just Europe.

512 slots is so few for such a big event, the tournament will fill up no matter the start time.
brzytwa

Post by brzytwa »

At this moment there are 513 people in the tournament: https://prnt.sc/ZOezWafHl8hA.

What will happen in that case?
EdgeEddgeAndEdgy

Post by EdgeEddgeAndEdgy »

Monday 29th registration for eu tournamet is private for some reason. And some of the people being invite have whooping 3 games of AZUL played
JonSenn

Post by JonSenn »

Are there still room for more sign ups? I just found out that there was an early registration link and it looks like I’m too late.
marias0l

Post by marias0l »

how can I register? it says it's by invitation only :(
apoogle

Post by apoogle »

How does one even register for the tournament? It says the event is open and I need 100 ELO and be an adult - check and check. How do I receive an invitation?
De Troeter

Post by De Troeter »

Opponent has run out of playing time

What if somebody has run out of his playing time? Do I just kick that person out of the game?
OhNoesHS

Post by OhNoesHS »

De Troeter wrote: 29 January 2024, 19:42 Opponent has run out of playing time

What if somebody has run out of his playing time? Do I just kick that person out of the game?
You have the right to kick them out or you can just keep playing. The maximum duration of each match is 72 hours.

Honestly, I think the 36 hour time bank is too short for a turn based match and I would keep playing.
UsernameTaken210

Post by UsernameTaken210 »

OhNoesHS wrote: 29 January 2024, 20:25
You have the right to kick them out or you can just keep playing. The maximum duration of each match is 72 hours.

Honestly, I think the 36 hour time bank is too short for a turn based match and I would keep playing.
Definitely too short, especially when your opponent is absolutely not in the same time zone as you (which matters for a “regional” tournament), and are able to burn down the clock overnight.

Maybe in future for SEA region, play hours are something like 0600-2400 for the average of the region?

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”