Tiebreaker - Issue?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
neppelj

Tiebreaker - Issue?

Post by neppelj »

Can someone explain the tiebreaker rules?

I feel like this game was graded incorrectly based on the rules. Can someone help analyze it for me? If it's a bug, I can report, but figured I'd start here.

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=465667934
Andrewsmile

Re: Tiebreaker - Issue?

Post by Andrewsmile »

Yeah I'm sorry this happened to you, I'd submit a bug report. Rules clearly state that "In the case of a tie, the person who has the most leftover BB wins. If there is still a tie, whoever recruited the most unique position groups wins." You both have 0 BB, yet you have all 8 unique positions while your opponent has only 7 so you should have been declared the winner.
neppelj

Post by neppelj »

I've now had a 2nd game where the tiebreaker wasn't done correctly.

https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=466146349
Andrewsmile

Post by Andrewsmile »

This one I think is done correctly- rules dictate that if score, BB, and positions are tied the tie is decided by dice roll, i.e. randomly. Since you both have the same score, 0 BB, and all 8 positions the tie is decided by RNG which you (very unluckily) lost.
neppelj

Post by neppelj »

It never showed a dice roll, how am I to know that?
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

It's funny you ask that because I already answered your question in the bug report.

In case you didn't see it, "The roll is included in the tiebreak score, so just look there."
neppelj

Post by neppelj »

It must be a big dice roll, 8389 vrs 8311. I would think it would say this more clearly somehow.
Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

If someone didn't know the tiebreak, they could do one or both of the following:
1) Reference the How to Play section at the bottom of each game or the rules themselves
2) Mouseover the tiebreak score to see how tiebreak is determined

#2 is particularly important because it's consistent across all games on BGA. You can always see the tiebreak score when there's a tie. And you can always mouse over to see what it's based on.

I've updated the description to be more explicit. I think it gives you what you're asking for, but your responses to date lead me to suspect that you won't be completely satisfied regardless of how I handle this, so... c'est la vie.
neppelj

Post by neppelj »

Sounds good and it does help I think, Thanks. Glad this is fixed for all future games.

Return to “Envelopes of Cash”