About Sid Ketchum

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jonchu

About Sid Ketchum

Post by Jonchu »

Sid Ketchum's ability is discarding two cards to gain one life. However, this ability can be used even if it is not his turn. So, here's the question. Should Sid Ketchum's ability get activated when Jesse Jones or El Gringo tries to steal his cards with their character ability?
Suhariel

Re: About Sid Ketchum

Post by Suhariel »

No, I don't think so, Sid is already OP. I have seen Sid go into the final duel with 1 hp and zero cards, and still win the game.
NIKMON

Post by NIKMON »

No. Sid Ketchum can use his ability to discards two cards from his hands for have a life point only when it's his turn or when it's his last life point (so he will use his ability just like to play a beer).
So when Jesse steals a card from his hand, Sid can't do anything (he can't decide to discards two cards for avoid Jesse steal one of them).
And when he shoots to El Gringo and he lose a life point, Gringo will take a random card from Sid's hand. However, if Sid doesn't want this, he can use ability before to shoot at Gringo and at last use the bang (maybe his only card) for shoot at Gringo. So in this way, even if Gringo had losed a live point he can't take any card from Sid because he used all of them before.
raspberryoolong

Post by raspberryoolong »

No, Sid can't use his ability when it's not his turn. The only time it works is on the last life, which is akin to playing a beer when they're about to lose their last life, and all characters have that ability, so I think that part is not special to Sid.

Return to “Bang”