ALTERED: EXPLORE THE UNEXPECTED!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
RonthenCole

Re: ALTERED: EXPLORE THE UNEXPECTED!

Post by RonthenCole »

CaptainCrumpet wrote: 03 February 2024, 13:52 Since this is a game that relies on buying more boosters, and it seems they have created a digital eco system for the cards I'm hoping they will support the online BGA version and allow buyers of the game to activate the cards they have purchased on BGA.
Their webpage explicitly says that they have no plans to do any kind of online game client tied to your collection. That feels like a massive miss in an otherwise very interesting idea.
yangtze

Post by yangtze »

Speusippus wrote: 27 January 2024, 17:06 Will there be any kind of online version available of the actual released game? I'd rather not get into this game for the demo if not, I will hate to fall in love and then not really be able to play. (I just don't have time for real-life play these days.)
I echo this sentiment.
Woltan

Post by Woltan »

I wonder how this game relates to https://www.lightseekers.cards/. It too had the concept of selling physical cards, but you were also able to own a digital copy of it. You can still play Lightseekers online, even on mobile. But AFAIK this game is pretty much dead, which is unfortunate, since it had a really nice idea about some new mechanics.
Does anyone know more about what the status of Lightseekers is, and why the game died?

Return to “Official announcements [en]”