CLASSIC COLLECTION 2: Games you may already know or not!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Klagarn

Re: CLASSIC COLLECTION 2: Games you may already know or not!

Post by Klagarn »

There's thousands of stock images of card/dice games (with or without cartoon faces!) if you don't want to draw an original, there's no need for a melting AI nightmare land
gaming_alyxir

Post by gaming_alyxir »

I would love to see Canasta added as a classic game! I don't know enough people in my day-to-day life who know the game and it is a true fun classic card game.
ChilliMac

Post by ChilliMac »

So if the prompt was to respond in the comments with which of those "traditional" games we like and/or which we'd like to see on BGA, I say:
CANASTA!
Hahaha22

Post by Hahaha22 »

I would love to play stratego here on BGA.
Zabel01

Post by Zabel01 »

I LOVE Rummy. Welcome to BGA :D
Can you please add King to the list? It is one of my favourites 8-)
Blockade-Runner

Post by Blockade-Runner »

Please consider adding JASS, the Swiss card game which could be considered the chess of cards :)
ViolentSilence

Post by ViolentSilence »

tcarlaw wrote: 30 January 2024, 12:01 Spades, Hearts, Canasta, and a host of other games. I hope they put a little more effort making it possible to create communities on this site. Many of these classic games were driven off other sites by trolls sabotaging game play and rankings. It is great there is so much novelty but these classic games hold far more appeal for me.
I do wonder if it would be an idea to have an option to have the public domain games available to play from same IP address, BUT if they do, they have the ELO scores stopped (unless they are premium members). It might be nice for example for people to be able to play some of the classic games with grandparents remotely.

I'd like to see Switch added, it's a variant of Crazy 8s, and the version known in the UK as Black Jack allows players to lay down multiple cards in melds and runs which speeds up the game, and means that if you have a big pick up, it can sometimes work in your favour
errie

Would love to see Escoba

Post by errie »

Escoba would be a wonderful classic game addition.
cigma

Re: Would love to see Escoba

Post by cigma »

errie wrote: 31 January 2024, 21:41 Escoba would be a wonderful classic game addition.
Please check if you are talking about the same Escoba which is on BGA as a variant of Scopa: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=scopa
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
cigma

Post by cigma »

Blockade-Runner wrote: 31 January 2024, 14:38 Please consider adding JASS, the Swiss card game which could be considered the chess of cards :)
Jass seems to be of the same family as Coinche, Belote and Klaverjassen. Maybe you would like to try them?
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”