Game in Progress page update

What's new on BGA ?
miklomike

Re: Game in Progress page update

Post by miklomike »

Clicking on my user image in the top right corner is still very very slow to load the pop out games in progress. Is anything going to be done about this? Surely all this extra noise is also slowing down your servers as well, no?

It's literally about 1.5-2 seconds after i click on it before it opens.
Ishvara

Post by Ishvara »

The Game status especially the view all current table page is a hot mess of unreadable eye cancer. Information and colour overload everywhere.

The eyes do not know where to look and I end up feeling like I gained no information from looking at the screen. In fact, the update screen makes me not want to check for updates ever.
magnum108

Post by magnum108 »

Ishvara wrote: 20 February 2024, 04:59 The Game status especially the view all current table page is a hot mess of unreadable eye cancer. Information and colour overload everywhere.

The eyes do not know where to look and I end up feeling like I gained no information from looking at the screen. In fact, the update screen makes me not want to check for updates ever.
Ishvara, well written!! Agree 100%
LesserJester

Post by LesserJester »

magnum108 wrote: 20 February 2024, 09:16
Ishvara wrote: 20 February 2024, 04:59 The Game status especially the view all current table page is a hot mess of unreadable eye cancer. Information and colour overload everywhere.

Ishvara, well written!! Agree 100%
+100. It's beyond awful.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

Suggestions:

When a table is waiting for players to accept, could their names be greyed / faded out a bit.
- When you click on this table it takes you to the new GAME page, can we have an option so instead it takes it to the PLAY NOW table creation.

Before rolling out a new feature, can you test it out on a group of willing testers. It would seem that the majority of people here do not want to be the guinea pigs.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Indeed, it really affects those of us who are sensitive to a flood of visual noise. Unfortunately, I have thus far not heard an indication that our segment of the population are being considered with the changes. :(

Likewise, those of us with older mobile devices can have huge lag opening the menu, with no alternative available.

A similar example is the longstanding issue with a ton of votes to hide player status from the game log. It actively makes me want to NOT ADD FRIENDS which seems the opposite of what BGA would want, and yet if I add friends, I constantly have every log in every game spammed with online, offline, online, offline.

At its simplest, it's a 2-3 line CSS change to hide this, so I have to believe it's intentional that it's kept, or there are reasons it's kept that have not been shared.
RicardoRix wrote: 20 February 2024, 13:49Before rolling out a new feature, can you test it out on a group of willing testers. It would seem that the majority of people here do not want to be the guinea pigs.
Before the new game page lobby system was implemented, it was privately tested by a group of testers who identified problems. The page was then pushed to public despite the problems the testers identified.

Before the new game status menu and game status page were introduced, they were privately tested by the new BGA lab system. The pages were then pushed to public despite the problems the testers identified.

I am passionate about efficient, accessible user experience coming first, and I love BGA, so it breaks my heart to see this pattern continue.
CanSpice

Post by CanSpice »

At the very least could we get the spinny icon thing over user icons when it's their turn? That was a super quick way to tell a) whose turn it is, and b) how long before it's your turn.
KenFin1

Post by KenFin1 »

CanSpice wrote: 21 February 2024, 20:44 At the very least could we get the spinny icon thing over user icons when it's their turn? That was a super quick way to tell a) whose turn it is, and b) how long before it's your turn.
It would be easily done by reinstating the old page. Along with all the other changes people are asking to see to make it like it used to be.
Cullich

Post by Cullich »

CanSpice wrote: 21 February 2024, 20:44 At the very least could we get the spinny icon thing over user icons when it's their turn? That was a super quick way to tell a) whose turn it is, and b) how long before it's your turn.
Agreed, except that the players aren't in turn order, so (b) can't happen.
CanSpice

Post by CanSpice »

Cullich wrote: 22 February 2024, 17:18
Agreed, except that the players aren't in turn order, so (b) can't happen.
Oh you're right, the table creator is always first in the list. I guess maybe that's another feature request: put the players in turn order?

Having the spinny icon thing would help for games where players take simultaneous turns. Right now I'm in a game of 6 nimmt! and it says "2 players' turn" but I don't know who those players are!

It's such a step backwards in UX. When your users are telling you their experience has been degraded, it would be really great if you actually acknowledged things instead of the silence we seem to be getting. Shouting into the void is frustrating. :(

Return to “BGA release notes”