Game in Progress page update

What's new on BGA ?
RicardoRix

Re: Game in Progress page update

Post by RicardoRix »

Wickedestjr wrote: 14 February 2024, 17:30 Man, I miss the old display. Agree that it was really nice to see the list of all games with number of turn-based/live games currently ongoing.
It's displayed in brackets at the top:

PLAY Tables (7 + 1)
Wickedestjr

Post by Wickedestjr »

That's just for the games that I'm involved in. The screen used to show the totals for all games being played on the site.
cigma

Post by cigma »

miklomike wrote: 13 February 2024, 22:39 It seems to be their status quo, another change that is worse than it was before, followed by silence.
So true! Sigh...
#zan_zendegi_azadi / #woman_life_freedom
#StandWithUkraine
Language is a source of misunderstanding. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The Little Prince) But it is also the source of understanding - it all depends on how you use it. :-)
XenaWL

Post by XenaWL »

The new display is so hard to take in the games you’re playing at a glance. Very cluttered and everything looks the same! Please bring back the user friendly lists!
Elfishski

Post by Elfishski »

Appreciate the effort at new features but agree the new 'Game in progress' page is EXTREMELY cluttered and visually unpleasant. I can't imagine using this on a small display.

I never play Arena tables - I would like an option to hide this section.

I never play Tournament tables - I would like an option to hide this section.

I don't want a suggestion of extra games to play at the top of the games in progress page - if I wanted that I'd click on 'Games'.

There is just SO much extra stuff on the page hiding the useful information (I have 2 games in progress; is it my turn?).

All the while, it's still impossible to start a new game without clicking through about 6 different very well hidden screens because there's no 'Open table to other players' button on the create game page, or even an indication that you need to go somewhere else to do so, it just... doesn't work (in a browser, app experience must surely be better?!).
LesserJester

Post by LesserJester »

Elfishski wrote: 16 February 2024, 08:45 Appreciate the effort at new features but agree the new 'Game in progress' page is EXTREMELY cluttered and visually unpleasant. I can't imagine using this on a small display.

I never play Arena tables - I would like an option to hide this section.

I never play Tournament tables - I would like an option to hide this section.

I don't want a suggestion of extra games to play at the top of the games in progress page - if I wanted that I'd click on 'Games'.

There is just SO much extra stuff on the page hiding the useful information (I have 2 games in progress; is it my turn?).

All the while, it's still impossible to start a new game without clicking through about 6 different very well hidden screens because there's no 'Open table to other players' button on the create game page, or even an indication that you need to go somewhere else to do so, it just... doesn't work (in a browser, app experience must surely be better?!).
Which page are you using to create your games? The original play now lobby or the new game page launcher? I prefer the original but even the new launcher on the game page allows you to open your table using the big fat START button that is not hidden but right there. There are many things wrong with the game page launcher but I struggle to see what you mean by 6 hidden menus

Also see page 14 of the thread for some helpful css to help tailor the screen.
LesserJester

Post by LesserJester »

I don't get why games in progress appear twice.

I don't like that clicking on the table link takes you to new game page lobby rather than the play now version like the old page used to.

Tables that haven't been opened to other players appear as "searching". This is not correct. The old page showed this correctly as a table needing opening. It's frustrating this version doesn't.

To see table settings we have to select medium or large display. Both take up more room than the old version which was more condensed, showed more information in a smaller space, eg it also used to show player class (expert/beginner) etc and iirc duration etc which we can only see any information on now with large view.

I really don't understand what this new version is for. The old one was superior in just about every way IMO. Please bring it back.

Thank goodness for CSS to clean up all the garbage. At least I can have a bare page again.
magnum108

Post by magnum108 »

I used to click on "view all my current games" in my menu and at the very bottom I could see a list of all the games on this website and how many players are playing each game in turn-based mode and how many are in real time mode. this information is no longer available. can i find this list somewhere?
menettm

Post by menettm »

Nowhere, that is one of the problems...
magnum108

Post by magnum108 »

menettm wrote: 18 February 2024, 15:39 Nowhere, that is one of the problems...
Let the government fix it. What am I paying for?

Return to “BGA release notes”