Game in Progress page update

What's new on BGA ?
Dr Strangegame

Re: Game in Progress page update

Post by Dr Strangegame »

Please Please bring back the list of all the games on this website and how many players are playing each game in turn-based mode and how many are in real time mode.
crouik

Post by crouik »

Can someone explain the color code around the games? Some are blue, some are lighter, darker, even violet. I guess there is a meaning, what is it?

When I watch a game, I like joining strong player ones. How can I detect those games from the all games list?
Detriment

Post by Detriment »

Dr Strangegame wrote: 23 February 2024, 07:07 Please Please bring back the list of all the games on this website and how many players are playing each game in turn-based mode and how many are in real time mode.
Agreed, even if it's a separate page. I'd prefer to not learn a game with 7 total games in progress etc. The rest looks good to me.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

crouik wrote: 23 February 2024, 19:26 Can someone explain the color code around the games? Some are blue, some are lighter, darker, even violet. I guess there is a meaning, what is it?
The colours are to distinguish between Tournament/Arena/Normal games.
Sam2002

Post by Sam2002 »

Dr Strangegame wrote: 23 February 2024, 07:07 Please Please bring back the list of all the games on this website and how many players are playing each game in turn-based mode and how many are in real time mode.
+1

It was a really interesting page for me and also useful. You could get an idea when investigating a new game as to how long you were likely to have to wait until you found an opponent.
Two-Sheds

Post by Two-Sheds »

Change is hard, but I'm getting used to the new "all my tables" page. I do like having my Arena and Tournament tables grouped together. I also like the dynamic updating, and having the My Turn tables at the top. I don't mind that they're shown again in their respective sections below.

One problem I have is that the progress percentage for each table is difficult to see. There's not enough contrast, either in the progress bar or in the numeric value on the right.
GTSchemer

Post by GTSchemer »

Two-Sheds wrote: 26 February 2024, 15:33 Change is hard, but I'm getting used to the new "all my tables" page. I do like having my Arena and Tournament tables grouped together. I also like the dynamic updating, and having the My Turn tables at the top. I don't mind that they're shown again in their respective sections below.

One problem I have is that the progress percentage for each table is difficult to see. There's not enough contrast, either in the progress bar or in the numeric value on the right.
Just to highlight, one of the reasons the new interface is tolerable to you is that you play arena mode.

Players who don't get a large annoying banner they can't move or hide, to my knowledge.
miklomike

Post by miklomike »

Seriously, can we please show all the players at a table? I'm not sure why there is a need to give us less and less information, while taking longer to also get this less information. The load on the servers would surely be lower if there wasn't so much extra visual noise loading.
bookman01

Post by bookman01 »

Sam2002 wrote: 24 February 2024, 18:46
+1

It was a really interesting page for me and also useful. You could get an idea when investigating a new game as to how long you were likely to have to wait until you found an opponent.
I used it to see where I’m likely able to get a table in real time. As different parts of the world become active, different games that are specifically popular in those regions suddenly have tables being played. A very helpful page.
zedmango

Post by zedmango »

miklomike wrote: 29 February 2024, 05:05 Seriously, can we please show all the players at a table? I'm not sure why there is a need to give us less and less information, while taking longer to also get this less information. The load on the servers would surely be lower if there wasn't so much extra visual noise loading.
They are trying to make things worse and worse on purpose.

Return to “BGA release notes”