Thoughts About Quitters...

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BusterVA

Thoughts About Quitters...

Post by BusterVA »

I play this game to enjoy myself and have fun.

I get that the robber is a part of the game. It should be. Without it, lucky dice rolls for some people would cause a runaway game. The robber is important. But there is a limit (to me).

If I am in first place, certainly, rob all you want. It sucks, but I get it. I would do the same.

If I am in second place, sure, rob me then also. But maybe not always. Depends on the score and other game factors.

If I am in last place, then other factors come into play. Is it a close game? Then it is all fair. But If I am suffering in last place with 2 or 3 points while the other two players are at say 8 and 9 points, leave me alone.

If I am clearly losing, by a lot, and the entire round is a struggle, the game loses its sense of fun. When I am in that position where I have no hope, and at every turn I am getting robbed to death still, it is beyond frustrating. Why do people attack someone who clearly has no chance?

I am not a quitter, but sometimes I quit. When the going gets tough I stick around till the end, but if I getting "bullied" and both players put all their knights and 7s on me, continually kicking the dead horse, it takes a fun experience and makes it terrible. I am not there to have a terrible time. In those situations I quit. Life is too short.

Essentially there are two scenarios that drive me to quit.
- Being abused in the chat. If you are a jerk towards me, I don't have to take it. I'll possibly ditch the game
- 2 on 1 scenarios, or situations where I am the primary target where it really does not make sense other than someone just being a "bully".

Essentially, if someone goes out of their way to take away the fun of the game, I am outta there. I never quit because I am losing. Strategic game play that hurts me but helps someone win is fair game - that is part of it - but I personally will not be bullied.

What are your thoughts? What does it take for you to abandon a game?
RobertBr

Re: Thoughts About Quitters...

Post by RobertBr »

BusterVA wrote: 07 February 2024, 17:54
- Being abused in the chat. If you are a jerk towards me, I don't have to take it. I'll possibly ditch the game

Report that - that is a violation of the site rules and is enforced.
BusterVA

Post by BusterVA »

Enforced... by -10 karma or whatever... hardly a punishment. (and I do report it)
TotoroMom

Post by TotoroMom »

Having a partial concede option where it just autoplays you the rest of the game would be nice in this instance. When you’re not going to win while also being attacked with the robber it is so boring. Nothing you play is going to change the outcome and no one is going to accept trades? Why would opponents in this scenario even care if they played out the rest of the match themselves?

Return to “Catan”