Won table but eliminated from tour (no timepen)

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
pepe919

Won table but eliminated from tour (no timepen)

Post by pepe919 »

Hi, I won my table (no timepenalty), less thinking time, most point, but I am eliminated from a tournament.
One player’s run out of time, dropped, then another player quit.
Two players left, we finished the game, It shows I won the table, but it tells, I am elemintaed.

Can anyone explain why?
The admin of tournament did’t answer so far. What can I do in this situation?

The table: https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=470282800
euklid314

Re: Won table but eliminated from tour (no timepen)

Post by euklid314 »

Tiebreaker rules in tournaments are always unclear to me.

The only thing I can tell you is the fact that after the first player dropped out it made no difference that you continued the game. This had no value at all. You are told that you can leave the game after the first player dropped.
The 3 remaining players share the victory, i.e. also the one player that left the game afterwards won the game.
Jaky Hostinec

Post by Jaky Hostinec »

I would say that in your case it was fair what happened. With 2 players qualifying into the next phase, you decided to skip the player without time left, so basically took a risk, sharing the win with 2 other people. Only 2 can go further. I wish it happened all the time the skipper is left out, but unfotunately it is not the case.
Calmon70

Post by Calmon70 »

pepe919 wrote: 12 February 2024, 21:43 Can anyone explain why?
So question to you: Why did you skip a turn of a player out of time in a tournament? The tournament itself will handle it and there is no good reason to skip manually.

When you skip you should at least know the rules: When a game is skipped there is no reaosn to play the game until end, you can just quit in this case. All but skipped player will be 1st and when you are in an elmination tournament with more than 1 person eliminated: it is a gamble! So you always try to end this kind of games normally. There is no need for skipping in tournament, tournament system does it on the end. You would have to wait anyway (because other games needs to finish as well)

Return to “Azul”