Timeout on first placement

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Jontia

Timeout on first placement

Post by Jontia »

The number of Catan games I've played in that have a play timeout before taking their first turn is extraordinary.

I play 4 player, turn based rather than live games, meaning it takes several days for that timer to tick over to zero.

Is there a reason this happens more with Catan than any other game?
Amau_Catepetl

Re: Timeout on first placement

Post by Amau_Catepetl »

maybe be there are more beginners in Catan than in other games you played. But yes I had the same issue with wingspan
SilkySapper

Re: Timeout on first placement

Post by SilkySapper »

Jontia wrote: 13 February 2024, 17:44 The number of Catan games I've played in that have a play timeout before taking their first turn is extraordinary.

I play 4 player, turn based rather than live games, meaning it takes several days for that timer to tick over to zero.

Is there a reason this happens more with Catan than any other game?
I've had the issue with some games that when I switch between real-time and turn based that it sometimes switches itself back to the one you changed it from automatically. If people aren't paying attention, they might accidentally join a turn based game until it's too late to cancel.

Return to “Catan”