SPLENDOR DUEL: When it's time to share a game for two...

Board Game Arena Official announcements
petruska1974

Re: SPLENDOR DUEL: When it's time to share a game for two...

Post by petruska1974 »

A mí el juego me falla mucho. Me parpadea la app y no me va bien la verdad. Una pena porque es uno de mis juegos favoritos. Gracias por ponerlo en la bga
nickselesnya

Post by nickselesnya »

Thank you! I enjoy this version more than the OG. It plays pretty well so far, both windows and iOS.
Cheers
TheGriggy

Post by TheGriggy »

Stealing mechanic completely ruins this game. Literally turns into who can get those cards before their opponent, aka whoever goes first. I think one of the big issues with the original Splendor is first player bias, but this takes it up to 50.

IMO, at the very least, rules need to be changed that you can't steal pearls or gold pieces. I dunno why the developers thought locking half the cards behind pearls and then making them insanely easy to steal was a good idea.
brainiacv5

Post by brainiacv5 »

JimTacobs wrote: 17 February 2024, 22:17
Mr_Magic wrote: 17 February 2024, 10:25
Phelan wrote: 15 February 2024, 16:12 Thanks! I hadn't spotted him before your comment!
I still haven't, help!
Zoom in between the u and e of the word duel 🔎
lol, I thought I saw his mustache and glasses in the left wrist right next to the edge.
otiluke711

Post by otiluke711 »

IMO, at the very least, rules need to be changed that you can't steal pearls or gold pieces.
Page 8 of the rules: “Take 1 Gem or Pearl token from your opponent. If your opponent has no such tokens, ignore this effect. You cannot take a Gold token from your opponent.”

https://cdn.1j1ju.com/medias/d5/20/a3-s ... lebook.pdf
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

TheGriggy wrote: 22 February 2024, 05:27 Stealing mechanic completely ruins this game. Literally turns into who can get those cards before their opponent, aka whoever goes first. I think one of the big issues with the original Splendor is first player bias, but this takes it up to 50.

IMO, at the very least, rules need to be changed that you can't steal pearls or gold pieces. I dunno why the developers thought locking half the cards behind pearls and then making them insanely easy to steal was a good idea.
On how many plays did you base this remark about the stealing mechanic? I have played quite some games of the physical version, and it never came across as problematic to me. I actually think this game is really balanced.
thoun

Post by thoun »

TheGriggy wrote: 22 February 2024, 05:27 IMO, at the very least, rules need to be changed that you can't steal pearls or gold pieces.
You can steal pearls, but not gold.
Fidzology

Post by Fidzology »

Very good game, many thanks ^_^
Alex78_ua

Post by Alex78_ua »

Дуже цікава гра!!! Рекомендую!!!

Return to “Official announcements [en]”