the game is not worth your time on BGA

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
f__c

the game is not worth your time on BGA

Post by f__c »

This game is extremely difficult to play and not break the code for foul language.
x million games have been played, x million players could tell you what a winning strategy entails, x million players could tell you what a losing strategy entails, and to transpose a losing strategy into winning the game requires someone playing inconceivably dumb. Definitely not something to rely on.
Despite all this, day in and day out, we see players experimenting with cunning and unorthodox strategies, carefully deployed to have everyone guessing only to realize in the end, that you have killed all your allies and are in the final against full-life and well equipped Sheriff and full-life and well equipped Vice. But wait, maybe Sheriff will play Volcanic, and go totally all-in on Vice, kill him and lose all his cards and you will emerge victorious, at last.
While the first part of the story happens way too often, the second part happens with only a braindead Sheriff player. So no, you are no great mastermind tactician, you are no illusionist that pulls off the "was this your card?" grand reveal in the end. You are just a pathetic person going around ruining other players' games and hiding behind lame excuses like:
- who are you to tell me how to play, I have outlived you, so I am the better player.
- you played indians on me, so I will now take 3 cards and 3 lives from you and put you in jail for it.
- yeah sorry, fellow outlaw, i did not see you shot at sheriff previously.
- you killed a revealed and card-less outlaw with 1 life left before sheriff, playing next, would have? that's treachery. You have just proved to me beyond any doubt that you aren't an outlaw.
- I had volcanic and many bangs, so i did not want to throw it all away.. sry I killed you and lost the game for us.
- I was hoping Sheriff would kill Vice.
- I wanted to use Suzy effect to the fullest, sry..
- the list could go on and on and on and on.

This game, with the current player pool of cheaters, experimentalists, nonsense moronic players, quitters, avengers and what have you, is TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE and not worth your time. Period. As sad as it is, it does not compare to the fact, that you can't even tell these players directly what you think about their plays, their actions, their arguments, their intellect or their ways of conducting themselves as adults.
You have blatant kingmaking players in every other game? as long as they are nice in the chat, it's all ok. That's the BGA way.
Last edited by f__c on 18 February 2024, 20:56, edited 2 times in total.
ChiefPointThief

Re: the game is not worth your time on BGA

Post by ChiefPointThief »

This rant is killing me :lol:
Want to start a petition to get bang: duel on the platform?
It’s only 2p :lol:
dunjunbane

Post by dunjunbane »

Oh that is sad. My family always has a great time when we play this game.
warrior of hell

Post by warrior of hell »

so many bad players.... I have to punish them by quitting all the bad games
DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

I avoid hidden information cooperative games such as Bang! and The Crew for this reason.

Not because of "bad players", but because of the attitude people have towards them. We accept in a BGA game with randomers that not everyone is at the same skill or experience level. When a less experienced/weaker player makes a mistake, which could be out of inexperience, a misunderstanding of the rules, or a genuine brain slip (we all have them), they are met with this elitist attitude.

- Why are you playing this game if you can't play well?
- I'm not going to play with you if you make a bad move.
- Stop deliberately ruining the game!

Or this gem:
warrior of hell wrote: 17 February 2024, 04:20 so many bad players.... I have to punish them by quitting all the bad games
The elitist, the experienced player, assumes the player who made the mistake is doing it maliciously or some form of weaponised incompetence, when in reality it's just someone learning the game who doesn't know all the intricacies. I bet you've never made a mistake in any game, warrior of hell?

The expectation to play "perfectly" or be shunned is a real turn-off.
warrior of hell

Post by warrior of hell »

I don't quit games only for other people mistakes. I only quit when other people all attack me for no reason, or when I get too unlucky. Why finish a game when everyone else want you to die?
f__c

Post by f__c »

DoctorFianchetto wrote: 17 February 2024, 15:35 The elitist, the experienced player, assumes the player who made the mistake is doing it maliciously or some form of weaponised incompetence, when in reality it's just someone learning the game who doesn't know all the intricacies. I bet you've never made a mistake in any game, warrior of hell?
The expectation to play "perfectly" or be shunned is a real turn-off.
We are in misunderstanding here. Noone should be laying into beginners. Everybody should be laying into the group of players I have outlined. At the time of writing this post, you have 11 bang games played. So let me give you a heads-up in terms of who you often can and surely will encounter at bang tables:

cheaters - players playing with multiple accounts at one table or friends who know their identities. And then they play to eliminate all others to remain last two standing, or directly play towards one of them winning, regardless of cards or roles.

experimentalists - players, who will play everything except what they are supposed to, thinking, that this way, they will outsmart everybody and win more games, than when they go after sheriff as outlaws, or go after outlaws as vice. Because they have perhaps won one game out of a 1000, and even that one because of a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence, they think this is the strategy to pursue. Extremely annoying. You explain them their tactics may work once in a 1000 games, so it's perhaps better to focus on the 999 games, they accuse you of boxing them in to one strategy, albeit a winning one. The argument, that this is a team game, is often ignored.

nonsense moronic players - players, whose actions make 0 sense.
--You damage a player to your left with, for example, a panic or cat balou, only to shoot at sheriff to your right immediately after. If you are against sheriff, then use that panic on him too for christ's sake.
--Two full life outlaws against sheriff. And you, one of the outlaws, play the dynamite.
--You are Willy the Kid with plenty of bangs, and with 0 intel on any of the players next to you, you just go for it and kill one.
--You are Suzy, and because you are in love with her effect, you hesitate no time to damage your partner, only to shed that one card and see what card comes next. Because the goal of the game isn't to kill your foes, but to re-draw as many times with Suzy as possible.
-- and my favorite, "I have outlived you, so I am the better player." Pro players never draw spades on dynamites, Pro players never spawn next to an overexcited Willy the Kid player playing before them, Pro players always draw beers whenever needed.

quitters - players, who quit games, most often when their nonsensical plan does not work, so basically one of the 999/1000 games mentioned above. Or simply when they get dealt the renegade role.

avengers - players, who join tables only to take care of some unfinished business or a beef they have with another player at that table. Their eyes are red, their judgement is clouded, they are at the table solely to target that one player, regardless of anything else.

"I did not notice"-ers - players, who don't follow the game, don't remember who attacked whom, don't make any effort to assess the players.

clickers - players, that will every round play every card they legally can, because saving cards for when you actually know, who to use them against, that's not what the game is about, right?

Good luck finding a table, where none of these game-ruining, slow-witted dorks are present. No, just kidding, they are everywhere.
ChiefPointThief

Post by ChiefPointThief »

The rants only get more entertaining :lol:
DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

f__c wrote: 17 February 2024, 21:34We are in misunderstanding here. Noone should be laying into beginners. Everybody should be laying into the group of players I have outlined. At the time of writing this post, you have 11 bang games played. So let me give you a heads-up in terms of who you often can and surely will encounter at bang tables
In my limited experience I did notice some questionable actions like the ones you have described, and I can only assume I have done some of those things myself without realising. It's a game to play with friends instead of random people.

The hidden identity aspect I always found questionable. The Sheriff is public knowledge. Anyone who attacks the Sheriff is almost certainly an Outlaw. Anyone who attacks an Outlaw (besides the Sheriff) is a Deputy. Identities don't remain hidden for very long, only the Renegade.

Return to “Bang”